Thread: RK Bridal Alert

tweety Guest

Default RK Bridal Alert

If you have had any bad experiences with RK Bridal in New York, please share your story with me. Your assistance is requested to help me resolve a very horrible experience. I recently discovered that they have had a number of complaints lodged against them with the Better Business Bureau. Although most of them were resolved, one has to wonder why a consumer would have to lodge a complaint with the Better Business Bureau before RK would resolve the issue?

The short version of my story is this, I ordered a dress from RK Bridal. The dress was sent to me with a number of flaws (I could not believe that the shop actually sent the dress to me the way that it was). I contacted the shop and stated my dissatisfaction with the dress and was told to return the dress along with a letter listing all of the flaws. I did so. After a number of follow-up calls, emails, etc., the shop stated that they had returned the dress to the manufacturer to fix all of the flaws. The dress was again sent to me, this time with all of the flaws remaining, but with an additional flaw. I called RK again and told them that I had returned the dress because the flaws remained. I was immediately told that they were not going to accept the dress back and that they were not going to give me my money back. I told them that I wanted my money back because time was running out on my wedding date. When RK received my dress the second time (by federal express), they initially accepted it and then refused it. Federal Express called me to tell me that they have my dress because RK ultimately refused the dress after an initial acceptance of it and wants to know what to do with the dress. The dress is now being held by federal express.

I intend to pursue every avenue that's available to me to resolve this issue (Consumer Affairs, Better Business Bureau, court, letter writing campaign to Bridal magazines, senators, congressmen, etc.), because it is so incredible and unbelievable that I would have to go through this during what should be such a happy time in my life. I refuse to accept a substandard dress when they informed and assured me that I was paying for a new designer dress. By the way, I tried on the dress at a store prior to ordering it, so I knew what the dress should have looked like. The dress that was sent to me didn't even come close to the same quality of workmanship. My seamstress refused to work on it and the store RK didn't want their seamstress to work on it either. Unfortunately, because time is running out, I had to find another dress. I want my money back and would hate for anyone to have to go through what I am, especially at a time like this. By the way, RK never initiated any communication with me during this whole ordeal. Any help/advice/stories that anyone can provide would be appreciated. You can post here or email me at [email protected]. Thanks.

ecurly Guest

Default RE: RK Bridal Alert

I am getting married next year and am starting the process of looking for a dress. i found a simple one and can get it for half the price at RK Bridal. Now I don't know if I should. I live in Mass. Does that matter? Where does your situation stand now, any different?

janiephip Guest

I am getting married in Nov. and was considering ordering a dress from RK Bridal after they quoted me the dress for 29% off. After reading this email I will not order from RK Bridal, but I thought I would let you know I received a quote from Pearl's Place (504-885-9213 or www.pearlsplace.com) for 35% off, ($152 less than the RK quote, and $902 less than retail). I've heard good things about Pearl's so I will order from there. You might want to consider contacting them for a quote.

Community Chest Guest

Have you all checked out bridesave.com? To my knowledge, no complaints about them.

tweety Guest

I have not heard from RK Bridal. The details of my situation remain the same. I don't live in NY, so where you live does not matter. I would advise you not to take a chance on something as important as your wedding dress. Have you heard the saying, "what you save on the front side, you pay on the back side." I would hate for anyone to go through what I am going through at what is supposed to be the happiest time of my life and anything that I can do to prevent this from happening to someone else, I intend to do. It's unethical at best and horrendous, at worst, that someone would take advantage of another person's vulnerability. A word to the wise, is sufficient.

holdem Guest

I have heard that they have a good reputation. They would never reply, however, to my emails. I went with Pearl's Place and are very satisfied. But that is certainly sad to hear.

Shukonda Guest

I am a bride who just ordered from rd bridal 2 weeks ago. This is my first time reading any of these messages. A friend of mine whose wedding is Nov. 7, ordered a Maggie Soterro dress from RK bridal and she received it 2 weeks ahead of schedule and it was in great conditon on arrival. She is the one who made me want to get my dress from there. I haven't received my dress yet, it's supposed to come in on Aug. 12 for my Oct. wedding. I guess I will keep everyone posted on how I receive my dress. Thanks.

I am sorry that you had a bad experience, but Bridal Bargains gave RK bridal an A in the book. I hope you resolve your situation and everything comes together in the end.