MU_Bride Guest

Default Warning: Pearls Place

I wanted to send out a warning to all brides considering purchasing a dress from Pearl's Place in Louisiana. I purchased my wedding gown from them and had a horrible experience!

When I order the dress from Pearl's I specifically ordered my wedding dress with blue embroidered flowers, the only way I had ever seen the dress (in ads & stores). To my horror 4 months later when the dress arrived it had white flowers. I immediately called them, and the arrogant/rude manager and sales person (who took the order) said it was my fault that the dress had been ordered with white flowers because I didn't ask for blue. So even though when I requested the price on the blue flowered dress, and specifically ordered the blue flowered dress - they had the nerve to say it was my fault! The sales person said that "she had never made a mistake". (Which I find amazing that a human that perfect exists.) The only option they gave me was to place a rush order on a new dress with the blue, but I would then have to pay for 2 dresses - isn't that kind of them.

So to everyone out there considering Pearl's realize that there is a huge risk and be careful! I spent days crying over their mistake and angry at their inability to take responsibility for their error. :-(

holdem Guest

Default RE: Warning: Pearls Place

I saw this post on another place and mentioned it to Pearl's Place. I am sure that if you ordered your gown in a certain color they would have obtained the gown in that color. I am not sure who you are or your motive here but I know many brides who get a correct gown in a correct way and also very quickly. Not sure what happened but I am sure that you received a receipt which stated your color.

lisa151 Guest

But you got your 20% off both. Crooks.
    Did you get a confirmation invoice stating you ordered the dress with the white flowers?

hillrc Guest

I ordered my Maggie Sottero from Pearl's Place (and saved 48.5% as well). I had a moment of panic about a month before the dress was to be delivered that it would come in the wrong color (like there isn't already enough wedding stress). Anyway, I simply went and looked at my receipt they'd given me and sure enough it said white/white for the color (exactly what I'd ordered). I got my dress four days ago and it's perfect! It actually looks better than I was expecting (although that doesn't have much to do with Pearl's Place).

Anyway, I'd read mostly great things about Pearl's Place before I ordered my dress and only noticed a few negatives after the fact. I decided not to stress, but waited and prayed I wouldn't have any problems. My whole Pearl's Place experience was great - the gentleman I spoke with on the phone was kind and courteous, I received my receipt a couple days later, I called to ask when my dress would be delivered (as they had instructed), they called on a Weds to let me know my dress was in and I received it the following Monday (and just ahead of the timeframe they'd given me). I had no issues and saved a lot of money, so I definitely can't complain.

I'm sorry for anyone who had an issue with this company - I guess I would suggest calling and asking a couple questions, then just make sure you have all the color details written down and check them off of your list as you confirm with whomever you order from that you both know exactly what you want. They'll repeat your order back to you before they place it and you should be able to correct any mistakes then. If you get your receipt and it is incorrect, call them right away and settle it then (before the dress is in-hand). If I had to do it over again, this is how I would have proceeded just for extra peace of mind.

samalexander Guest

I ordered my gown from pearl's and only have wonderful things to say about them. The people at pearl's are fast to respond and all were very corteous to me. I even ordered all my brides maids dresses from them. Pearl's reconfirmed my embroidery selection on the phone with me probably about 3 times and emailed me a quote with the correct color selections. Be extremely clear in your ordering, if it's that important to you, go ahead and sound like a nut. It's your wedding day and if white versus blue flowers is a problem you should triple or quadrulpe check, It's YOUR responsibility.
    I will continue to recomend pearl's to everyone I know who needs a bridal gown at a great price.

cadwell125 Guest

thanks brides for you advice about pearl's. i was definitely going to order my gown from them (a maggie sottero), but my mom talked me into going to local shop just to try on dresses and see how they look. i ended up having a great experience, and i think everything is going to end up fine, since the dress i found is a perfect fit, off the rack (doesn't even need a hem!!) plus, the saleslady picked out this dress for me to look at, even though it was a different designer (alfred angelo). it was just right. pearl's was very impressive with their fast quotes and low prices, but i was starting to second guess the deal i found at the local shop, and these posts put my mind at rest. after it's all settled, i'll follow up with a recommendation for the benefit of wichita falls, tx area brides (no posts on anywhere near here yet, closest posts are about dallas/ft. worth) if anyone's interested. for now though, thanks for the advice... pearl's sounds pretty risky!

MsToriC Guest

My sister had the same kind of problem at her wedding a couple years ago. The store staff were rude, did not return phone calls, and sent her the wrong dress even though she specified the style number and designer. Later, when she posted her story on this forum, Pearl's Place staff posted as well, saying that their side of the story hadn't been heard and that they were more than willing to help rectify any problems that had been caused. Sadly, by the time they became "willing to rectify any problems" my sister's wedding was long past. I think the biggest problem is the rude sales staff. Miscommunications can happen, but rudeness is almost always intentional.

Tori

nick0166 Guest

I just got my maggie Sotero gown in from Pearls last week.

A. It was exactly as ordered (and shown on slip)

B. I saved 40% on the cost, which I happily used to other things for the wedding!

C. Not only was the dress perfect- it came in 3 1/2 weeks ahead of stated delivery date!

Maybe because I did my homework before I ordered, and followed up with status call, my transaction went smoother than some.

We've ordered bridesmaid dresses as well, and are not anticipating any problems with them.

I did go into the store when I was first looking for gowns, and yes the store itself is pandemonium, especially on saturdays.But you cant beat the choices they had in ALL sizes to try on. I would hazard 'rudeness' may have sometimes been at times of pandemondium, as I have no idea how the sales clerks (each) can keep 20 brides and their entourages happy at one time, while answering questions from other customers looking at cocktail or bridesmaid dresses.....

Pearls still gets 5 stars out of 5 from me!
    Nicole