la3362 Guest

Default DBS Disappointment

So, given the good instructions of the bible (aka Bridal Bargains), I requested a quote from DBS re: the gown I was interested in.

This request for quote was submitted in late Sep. The text of my message was:

I am interested in an Eve of Milady gown, EM023. This gown can be viewed at the EOM website, http://www.eveofmiladybridals.com/ca...ages/EM023.htm .

In response I get this bogus message from the rep stating that they are great, they are wonderful, they service all kinds of brides, but they are working on "interpreting" what dress I am interested in.

Ummm... hello? How hard can this be? Both Pearl's Place and RK Bridal give me insta-quotes. Seriously instant --- over the phone.

But the DBS rep. who originally replied to my request on 9/23 has yet to get back to me.

I think back to the DBS website, that starts with the flash question "Why choose DBS?" My imaginary response is "Because I don't really want to get married, and want to use the dress search difficulties as an excuse."

So is this a case where the rep. makes the business? Did I stumble on a lemon? How do I switch reps, if that is the case?

agape1 Guest

Default RE: DBS Disappointment

I am sorry that you had that experience. Will be glad to help you. Please send me your email, so that I can send you a quote.

Thanks

DBS Representative.
    [email protected]
    Boomie

agape1 Guest

Missed out the underscore in my email address. It should be

[email protected] or [email protected]

Thanks
    Boomie

cath_b Guest

I am sorry you had a bad experience with DBS.

I was insearch of a Randy Fenoli dress and had called around and inquired via e-mail i.e. RKBridal, Pearl's Place (they don't carry Randy Fenoli and yet they noted it on their website that they carried this manufacturer), Netbride and DBS (my DBS rep was very nice).

All responded to me but the one company I liked most was Netbride.com. They respond so quickly to my e-mail and if it was a dress request that requires the price not given via e-mail they give you a call. If you're not there to answer, they leave all pertinent information regarding your gown inquiry. To top it all, of all 4 places I've called, Netbride was the cheapest. No tax, and $10 shipping. Kristianne, their customer service rep has been so helpful to me and she helped me with my research on the train length, in inches, of the gown I was interested in. She was very patient with me being skeptical and all but she was courteous and very attentive.

Well needless to say, I was so happy with Kritianne and Don's services plus they offered the lowest price, I decided to order my gown and bridesmaids dresses through www.netbride.com

I have not received my gown yet since I just ordered it a few weeks ago. But I'm very happy with the service so far.

Hope this helps you.

Catherine

resaben Guest

Wow, that's bad. Sorry to hear that.

If you still needed a recommendation, my DBS rep was Ellen Haines with www.JnEBridal.com (I don't have their toll free handy, it is on the site). She was the one assigned to me after using the quote request on the main DBS site. Anyway, I just wanted anyone interested to know that she was great.

My dress had no tags in it (I know, not so different from anyone else's experiences, LOL), but I had a hopeful hunch it was a Monique Bridals dress. Also, I had no style number, just a somehwat good description of the dress. No picture either (nowhere online could it be found, and no pics allowed in the shop, go figure). From that she was able to figure out my dress, send a fax of a picture for confirmation, and order it for me. Yay!!!

Which surprises me about your experience. I do remember that I emailed DBS about a week and a half after first completing the form, because I had not heard back (the Book says they should respond within 48 hours, I think, but I had over a year, so I figured let them handle the brides ina hurry!). They replied almost immediately, very sorry, and contacted my local DBS rep and she then emailed me. I think they had a problem with their servers that day. Since then, all communications have been very prompt, within 24 hours.

Anyway, I have heard one other person mention they never got a reponse either - sometimes the great and perfect wheels of the world wide web grind to a halt, and unfortunately we never know unless we confirm (I love merchant confirmations that they've received my request and will get back to me - hate it when they don't do that, how can I tell they've received it? LOL). I didn't mind the additional email, I think I would have become annoyed after that, though. I usually follow up on anything I do online within 2 weeks if I don't hear back at all. If there's no reponse after that, they've pretty much lost my interest.

Woah, there, just noticed that this is a pretty long post. Sorry, just wanted to add a couple cents to the discussion. :)

Community Chest Guest

I tried them on three occasions:

First Occasion: I asked her How much was the X designer on page X in X Magazine. "Let me call you right back with that." Never heard from her.

Second Occasion: This time, I called another DBS rep: Same thing -- "I am on the phone with another bride. I will call you back." Zip.

Third Occasion (again, with a different rep): I wanted BM gowns. I told her which kind, color, how many. Told me she'd send me the order forms and all I had to do was get the measurements.

This was a guaranteed order. I never got any info; when I called her twice to try to reach her, all I got was a fax machine tone.

She never called me to follow up (to see if I got order form, if any questions, nothing)

Community Chest Guest

I tried them on three occasions:

First Occasion: I asked her How much was the X designer on page X in X Magazine. "Let me call you right back with that." Never heard from her.

Second Occasion: This time, I called another DBS rep: Same thing -- "I am on the phone with another bride. I will call you back." Zip.

Third Occasion (again, with a different rep): I wanted BM gowns. I told her which kind, color, how many. Told me she'd send me the order forms and all I had to do was get the measurements.

This was a guaranteed order. I never got any info; when I called her twice to try to reach her, all I got was a fax machine tone.

She never called me to follow up (to see if I got order form, if any questions, nothing)

ClaudiaI Guest

I used DBS for my gown (I think the consultant that you are assigned depends on what area of the country you are in - I live in DE) and I had a wonderful experience with her: members.aol.com/wednbell - her name is Jean Hartman. She was very responsive to my emails, my Marisa gown arrived in perfect condition two weeks early and I saved $700!

I you are having problems, I suggest you contact DBS to discuss and get the name of another consultant/rep in your area.

la3362 Guest

I sent the following email to DBS. FIELDSies, I hope you including this in your data points re: evaluating DBS.

Hi,

I have an issue that requires your attention.

1) Prior to 9/23, I submitted a request for quote for an Eve of Milady gown, style #EM023. In my request for quote I provided the following information : gown is pictured at: http://www.eveofmiladybridals.com/ca...ages/EM023.htm
    2) On 9/23, your rep, http://www.rochellesbridal.com/, sent me an email, indicating they were working on "decoding" the information I provided. .
    3) On the same date I submitted my request to DBS, I requested quotes from both Pearl's Place and RK Bridal. Both were able to provide quotes instantly over the phone based on the information I provided.
    4) I sent a follow-up note to the assigned rep. on 10/12, asking them literally "Figured out the dress?"
    5) As of 10/27, over a month after my initial request for information, I have yet to receive any response from this rep. No follow-up, nada, nothing, the big goose egg.

Your service comes well recommended by Bridal Bargains; my experience to date has been negative. It's in your hands to make this right.
    Best,

Laura

The response will be telling.

cath_b is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Netbride.com - follow-up

Just to follow-up...

4 years and one child later...my wedding was perfect. I got everything I ever wanted and invited all the people on my guestlist. No one left out. My wedding gown was beautiful and arrived in excellent condition and within a few weeks too. They quoted me 6 weeks but it arrived in 3. The bridesmaids dresses received the same treatment so was the special order fabric for my Junior bridesmaid. I am not sure if they had change the kind of services they provided then but I found out that nothing was impossible for Netbride.com when it came to dressing me up and my wedding party.

My wedding gown is now boxed up neatly and stored away and I was a happy bride and now a happy mom to a beautiful baby boy.

I'm off to the Baby boards.