robynt2005 Guest

Default Philadelphia Bridal Shops

Does anyone have a suggestion for good bridal shops in and around Philly? I just want to go try on gowns, have never done it with anyone else who's gotten married, and will probably bring my mom for support. Any help would be much appreciated.

pegtho Guest

Default RE: Philadelphia Bridal Shops

Whatever you do, do not shop at Suky Bridal Shop in Ardmore, PA which is near Philly.

Suky bridal Shop totally mislead (scammed & defrauded) our family on Vera Wang dresses and have yet to acknowledge the total disaster they cause our expensive wedding in 2002. Vera Wang's corporate office added to the disaster by helping the retailer threaten nuisance suits against our family who they scammed and defrauded.

I suggest you get a "READY TO WEAR" gown to avoid being mislead by local retailers all over our great nation.

Good luck from a twice scammed victim of the bridal dress industry.

spats23 Guest

Maria Romia in Philly - she is absolutely lovely and super helpful!! She also will let you try on anything you want, no fuss, and really wants you to find something you love!

jenvanhaute Guest

Harleysville Bridal in Harleysville. My bridesmaids dresses and my Mom's dress were purchased here. Only reason I didn't get my dress here is that I found one I loved elsewhere.

Purchased my dress at the Country Bride and Gent in West Point. I have been happy with them. Only thing to be aware of: in order to get the discounts they advertise as part of their Bridal Package, you need to purchase your gown AND the bridesmaids dresses there.

pegtho Guest

Ladies,

Again, everyone must remember, bridal dress retailers all over the nation do not commit consumer fraud on every bridal dress. Retailers (supported by manufacturers) pick and chose which poor victims they will defraud one by one.

The retailer who defrauded my family on Vera Wang dresses was a "High End" shop who had a lot of compliments and a good report with the Better Business Bureau while she was busy defrauding (scamming) my family.

The retailer scammed and defrauded our family even though we did everything to prevent it. Ladies do not order any bridal dresses from any local retailers unless you are prepared to be brutalized by retailers and manufacturers nationwide.

Read the complaints from past victims which provides a history of brutalizing retailers and unhelpful manufacturers. The industry has defrauded 3 generations of my family and that covers 30 years of criminal activity.

Get a "ready to wear" gown otherwise you will suffer the pain our family has endured for 2 years trying to get Vera Wang and the defrauding retailer (Suky Rosan Gowns - Ardmore, PA) to acknowledge the disaster and damages they caused our $50,000.00 wedding by not providing the expensive dresses they showed as sample.

Better yet ladies, just elope so that your hard earned dollars are not given to greedy greedy corporate executives (including Vera Wang) in the bridal dress industry.

Good luck ladies, I spoke to a seamstress who worked for bridal retailers for 25 years and she told me most of the manufacturers are providing cheap, cheap, cheap dresses (less then K-Mart specials) for consumers ordering expensive sample dresses.

Be smart, don't do it. You will probable look better in your blue jeans at the wedding instead of the poor quality dresses arriving
    "directly" from many manufacturers and the worst being Vera Wang Bridal House.

kimjerpixie Guest

How were you defrauded and scammed?