Thread: House of Brides

jonesbride Guest

Default House of Brides

Does anyone have experience with House of Brides in Illinois? I'm from Indianapolis and I have had the worst experience shopping for my dress. (Bridal Superstore by Posie Patch is horrible!) I've seen prices on the House of Brides website, but I need to try the dress on before I buy it seeing that they have a no return policy. I don't want to drive to Chicago or Shaumburg if it isn't worth the trip.

megalicious Guest

Default RE: House of Brides

I saw the website as well, I'm from Milwaukee so I took a trip down to Schamburg. While I was there I had a really good experience. A woman named Regina (sp) helped me, & really helped me. I brought pictures of dresses I found on line that I was interested in & she completely picked up on my style. It is set up with rows & rows of dresses, she asked me to go through and pick out the ones I liked. While I was going through the racks she picked out dresses she thought I would like. I ended up purchasing one of the dresses she picked out for me. The dress was a little revealing, and she told me how to fix it in a completely reasonable way. Keep in mind that the web-sites prices are cheaper, but after all the help she gave me I wanted to buy the dress through her. The only hesitation I have now is from the negative feed back I've read on this message board, luckily I told them (HOB) my wedding is a month before the actual date so I'm not really that worried about it.

amy2876 Guest

Default RE: House of Brides

I am not sure when your wedding is/was, but I have only heard bad things about House of Brides i.e. late dresses, botched alterations, etc. I live in Chicago and I would not recommend them.