jinnin Guest

Default RE: Bad Experience with Chryssie's Bridal in Canton, MA

I also had a bad experience with Chryssie's Bridal and..I am only a bridesmaid. Last spring, I was living in MN and came home and went to Chryssie's and got measured and ordered the gown. The woman explained the sizes to me and said with my measurements,I just met the requirements for one size but, that I should go with the next size up. I explained that I wanted the smaller size and she put that dress on the receipt. When the dress came in, I went to try it on and it was HUGE!!!! I could have fit another person in with me. I didn't think it was the size I ordered but with my receipt at home, I had to just take it. When I got home, I looked at my receipt and sure enough, the next size up had been ordered and it was huge!!! I took the dress back in the next week and the saleswoman told me that "I couldn't expect perfection and I had to suck it up like every other bridesmaid and get it altered". Nice customer service huh? She then proceded to tell me it was simple alterations, would not cost anything hardly, and that I must have obviously lost weight. She then re-measured me and said I lost about 4 inches. Now..I wish I could have but, I knew I didn't lose anything. Then, she told me that the people in MN measured me wrong but, when I told her that I went to Chryssie's to get measured, she didn't say anything. After arguing with her for 20 minutes, she said there was nothing they were going to do and as I walked out the door she said "well look at the bright side..you lost four inches". Since then, I have gone to three tailors who have told me that this dress needs about seven inches taken off and will cost me at least 150-175 for them to "piece together a whole new dress". Beware of them....this is the worst customer service I have ever received and no one should have to go through this. My recommendation...stay away!!!!!!

Fall_Bride Guest

Default Bad Experience with Chryssie's Bridal in Canton, MA

I wrote the message below back in March when I first bought by dress. I recently went for my first fitting and need to re-iterat just how awful Chryssies Bridal in Canton, MA, south of Boston is!!! When I placed the order for my dress, the co-owner inisted repeatedly that I order a size smaller than the sizing chart suggested as he was certain the designer's sizing ran large. After much hesitation I trusted his 18 years of experience. I tried on the dress and low and behold it's too small. Go figure it is pricier to have a dress let out vs. taken in!!! After much debate with the store, I'm still going to have to pay for their poor judgement call.

I also had a bad experience with Chryssie's Bridal in Canton, MA. It is a very sketchy place! The "computers were down" when I was about to put my deposit down for my dress so they couldn't tell me who the designer was. The co-owner who has been in business for 18 years, knew everything about each dress and knew enough about the internal designer code to know the sizing chart was off but conveniently could not tell me who the designer was without the computer. Only 1/2 of the staff is polite and none of them answer any questions without going to the back office where the co-owner sits. Lots of whispering goes on. After I bought the dress, I inquired about a few dress prices for friends and they told me they "don't give out prices unless the bride is ready to purchase the dress b/c they're willing to bargain if the bride is going to buy the bridesmaid dresses there as well."

All tags were ripped out and there were no price tags but I did learn that some of the dresses have the prices written in "store code" on the material care tag. And even more frustrating is that while you rarely get a straight answer from anyone, the answer differs from person to person. One salesperson told me it would take 6-8 months to get my dress another said 3-4 months.

DO NOT GET YOURSELF INVOLVED WITH CHRYSSIE'S BRIDAL!!!

mercurykitty Guest

Default RE: Bad Experience with Chryssie's Bridal in Canton, MA

I have had a very poor experience with Chryssie's. Initially I liked them because the sales woman I worked with was very nice and I found a gown that I loved at a good price. Then, when my gown arrived and I went to try it on, it was the wrong gown! They told me that the manufacturer "restyled" the gown using the same style number, but that sounds a bit fishy to me. They offered to sell me the sample for 1/2 off (it was too small), or order me a different gown for 20% off, or give me a refund. I took the refund, and had no wedding gown 100 days before my wedding. The owner did not offer me any apologies and certainly did not show any understanding of what it's like to be a bride with no gown! Now, it's 1 month before my wedding and my bridesmaids' dresses still have not arrived. I'm very nervous that they won't arrive in time for alterations, or that when they do arrive they'll be the wrong size, style, or color. While Chryssie's does have a good selection and good prices, enter at your own risk--you may end up without a gown!

Default Quite the opposite...

I keep hearing all this bad stuff about Chryssie's.. i have to say that we had no problem with ANYTHING! And by we i mean my sister, my best friend, my cousin and I. We all got married over the span of 4 years and we got everything there... shoes, gown, bridesmaid, all our mothers and grandmothers. My best friend and I even got the guys tuxes from there. The consultants i worked with were great! You walk in there and they'll say "Hey Allison!" and start a conversation with you. They were literally like my friends that year before my wedding. I loved it in there. We felt like we knew they were going to take care of us no matter what. And I know i'm not the only one who has had a great experience. The 2 months before my wedding when i were to go in for the fittings (and i tagged along for my bridesmaids fittings) there was one girl who had a problem. And i have to say that it was so stupid and i think most people these days try to take advantage of others which is sad... she signed the paper stating which size she wanted to order and she insisted that they changed it... hahahaa! it was right infront of her face that she was wrong. So for those of you reading all these so called bad experiences just remember a lot of pepole exaggerate when they are upset!