NoleGirl Guest

Default White vs. Diamond White

Has anyone had to deal w/the Diamond White vs. White issue?

The dress I think I have decided on (if you read my postings, you will see the whole dress thing has been the worst part for me...) is Diamond White. Originally, when we settled on the Groom's Tux, we opted for the white vest and shirt (at the time I thought I would be in a white dress). However, now I am thinking the white vest next to the diamond white dress might make my dress look a bit, well dingy, next to stark white. However, I am afraid to put him ivory, because it will look too, well, ivory... This is also an issue with the flower girl dress...

Anyone else who has had to deal with this issue, I am in desperate need of advice/help.

Thanks!

kimbee Guest

Default RE: White vs. Diamond White

I have the same problem! I decided to put the groom in ivory--with a jacket, the vest will hardly be noticeable anyway. My mother is making my bridesmaids' dresses. They are a light ivory on top and black on the bottom. She is also making the flowergirl's dress out of the same material that is on the top of the bridesmaids' dresses. The ringbearer's pillow is also going to be made out of this ivory material. I am glad we went with ivory because my dress looks white, until it is next to something else that is white white, then it just looks dirty. My advice is to make sure nothing else around you is whiter than your dress. :-)

NoleGirl Guest

Default RE: White vs. Diamond White--shoe recommendation, too

Thanks for the advice. Good point about making sure everything around me is not white white. Luckily, the bridesmaids will be in champagne. I talked to the owner of the tux shop and he recommended the white shirt w/the ivory vest for contrast. I guess he has dealt with this before. It is an outside ceremony, so the dress looks more white in the natural sunlight. The bridal party line-up has changed so our the flower-girl dress is not an issue anymore. But do you think we should try to change the white aisle runner and bows to ivory???

Also, incase anyone is looking, I found silk white (diamond white) shoes. After doing some research, I decided to go with the Grace shoes. It was less expensive to order them through advantagebridal.com and pay shipping, then order them at the local bridal shops. It was only going to take an extra 2 days to receive them.

kimbee Guest

Default RE: White vs. Diamond White--shoe recommendation, too

My aisle runner isn't white white, so I'm not really worried about it. Plus, the floor is a tan color, so I think it will show through and darken the runner. :-) I am using off-white pew bows though.

I was able to find shoes by Unlisted that were off-white. I think the sytle is "Material". With a sale and a coupon, they were under $20.00 at Shoe Carnival! They are the exact same colour as my dress! :-)