fairfaeryfay Guest

Default Bridaltown/ Coronet Bridal Shoppe in Pa.

After spending hours upon hours over the internet looking for "the" dress I finally found what I was looking for plus about four other styles by Eden Bridals. So I made an appointment at Coronet Bridals in Feasterville, Pa (Eden has them listed on their website). I came with pictures and style numbers of each dress. Wouldn't you know, they didn't carry any of the dresses I was interested in seeing, except for "the" dress which was the last one and had already been sold. I was able to look at that but it was a size 14 and in normal street clothes I'm about a size 3. Coronet only had maybe 20 or so Edens available. They said they could special order the dress which they are selling at the retail price $358 plus taxes, then there was the additional $195 for alterations. !!!! They were happy enough to show me a sample dress from an "Italian Designer" that was selling for $900 and also about a size 14 that I could buy for 500 some dollars. Oh and by the way, they were not going to order any more samples of "the" dress, and I had just missed the "big sample sale" where several of "the dresses" had been sold. Although the Coronet people were nice enough, I would be crazy to order a dress I can't even try on.

Anyway, I am frustrated with myself for not calling ahead just to make sure they stocked the gowns I am interested in. I could have saved myself a two hour plus commute there and back. I'm looking into buying over the internet but I really have to try these dresses on first.

Just for kicks, I'm going to Bridaltown to check out what thay have there. That place sounds too good to be true but is worth a looksee. I'll post a follow up to let you know how it goes!

Keats_J Guest

Default RE: Bridaltown/ Coronet Bridal Shoppe in Pa.

I have been to more than 6 or 7 bridal salons in both Mass and Conn looking for any of 3 specific Mary's bridal styles - one of which is "the dress." I swear, it seems like they all carry any gown that is NOT featured in bridal magazines. Does this make sense to anyone?? The gown I am looking for has been in Modern Bride, Brides, Bridal Guide, Elegant Bride, The Knot Wedding Gowns. It's not exactly an obscure style.

Have you noticed at all that when you go in a store looking for a specific designer, they seem to have all these older styles that you can't even find on the designer's website after you try it on???

Luckily, I've only run into a couple of shops that rip tags, but they all have the same story - "Oh, I can order anything you want, but I don't have it here for you to try on."

If I can't even try on the dress I want from the shop I order it from, what on earth reason would I have for NOT ordering it online???

I hope you have luck at Bridaltown - THEY don't even have the dress I'm looking for!