Thread: Pearl's Place

cjenni Guest

Default Pearl's Place

Can anyone tell me if they've had recent dealings with Pearl's Place? I've read good things and bad about them. I called and got a quote on a dress for my daughter, which was the best price on the dress so far and the best delivery date, but I am skeptical after reading some of the stories about them. I do know when I called, the gentelman was very nice, answered all my questions, and there was no problem with being put on hold, etc.

Most of the posts I've read have been old ones. I would like to know if anyone has dealt with them this year or last year and what was your experience with them.

Thanks, CJ

lele Guest

Default RE: Pearl's Place

I assisted my lil cousin in planning her wedding. We used pearls for her dress and bridesmaids dress. We had no problems what so ever. Everything came in on time actually before and they offered to hold her gown for her to keep it safe. which was good since it arrived four and half months before her wedding.(and we let them do since it was hurricane season)Yes the staff can be kind of rude at times which I think can be attributed to the volume of people they always have in their store. In the end their attitude will not matter as long as you have your dress and your girls dresses on time with no hassles. You will completely forget about them.
    If you are going to the store DO NOT GO on a Saturday if you can help it. Try to go during the middle of the week and be there when the doors open. If you can not get there when they open go between 1:30 and 3:00 and AVOID going there on a working holiday. BTW my lil cousin's wedding was March 13, 2004 and everybody gasped when she walked up the aisle.

audley7575 Guest

Default RE: Pearl's Place

I posted earlier about my experience with Pearl's Place. They are rude, too busy to help or answer questions and when they did finally answer our questions, they were so condescending and acted like we were putting them out with our questions.

When my sister, my niece and I went, we actually went to look for gowns for my daughter but my niece had just gotten engaged herself so she was also looking. The store was crammed with people (it was not a Saturday but was during the summer), there were not enough salespeople, dresses were strewn all over the place, the place was a MESS.

I would NEVER go there again and when I hear a friend mention they're going there I always let them know what our experience was.

Default Just received my dress last month for september 08...

I went to my first ever bridal salon in Plymouth MI with my sister and tried to try on at least 20 dresses, all of which were about 4 sizes too small for me, on average. Having gotten discouraged with that salon, I somehow convinced myself to go to yet one more store that day, I Do Too in Plymouth, MI. I not only tried on two dresses that fit (had to be pinned/clamped back), but the second one was my dress. I went so early in the wedding process and I had no idea how people would try to screw me in the wedding business, that I gave them my info and was completely honest with them. But their dress was out of my budget. I ended up using the bridal quote from Bridal Bargains, to receive a quote from Pearl's Place. The dress quote came back $200 less than IDT. When I called IDT to see if they could match it at least, they not only put off calling me back for two weeks, but they said horrible things about "online" bridal places and tried to scare me out of ordering it threatening telling the designer of their price reductions. I almost didn't order the dress from Pearl's, but I would never go back to IDT to order the dress from them at that cost. So, I know I'm going to hell for it but I went back to their store and asked them to measure me and have my measurements on file so that my mom could pay for the dress from NM. I memorized the size chart I'd received from Pearl's and when the size that I suspected matched the dress IDT told me they would comfortably order for me, I left happy knowing I would order the dress for $200 less and get the size that fit me. I received my designer dress for a bargain price from Pearl's in only 2 months and it fit perfectly! I am so happy with them and their service was completely fine for me. I cannot believe that a company, however badly they may be struggling would treat a very happy and excited bride as poorly as I was treated at I Do Too. They were recommended to me from two recent bride friends and I thought they would at least want my business enough to be honest and not try to sabotage my buying experience. I feel guilty about doing it that way but I'm not like every other bride and would not try to screw them in any way. I am just trying to do my wedding for under 7k and Bridal Bargains and Pearl's certainly is helping me achieve that goal. Good luck to the rest of you who try Pearl's and with your weddings!