afredricks Guest

Default Do not got to Julie's Bridal in Plymouth Michigan

Do NOT go to Julie's Bridal in Plymouth. The service I received there was terrible. They ordered my dress out of the wrong fabric - which looked awful. When it arrived less than 3 weeks before my wedding, the only thing they wanted to do was offer me money off of that dress, even though it had a large flaw in the front. Finally they agreed to see if they could get me the dress I ordered. When they finally got the dress in, I learned (not from them) that it was a sample from another store. Scott at Julie's told me it was a new dress that another store had just received. I called that store and they told me that it was their store sample which they had on the floor for a few months. Luckily it was in very good condition.

Everytime I spoke with someone at Julie's they lied to me. They would not follow through on anything. I had to call repeatedly to get even the simplest of answers. Then the store manager, Scott, had the nerve to yell at me for "bothering" his employees after I called to follow up on their promises. I ended up taking the dress from the store before the alterations were complete, because I didn't trust the dress in Scott's care. Luckily my mother was able to complete the alterations, because I don't know where I would have taken it to be finished less than a week before the wedding!

carribride Guest

Default RE: Do not got to Julie's Bridal in Plymouth Michigan

Thank you very much for this information. I don't plan on trying on any dresses until next year, but this was one of the places on my list.

lbeth Guest

I COMPLETELY agree with you!!! They have the worst service ever and I think they must have to be able to lie to get the job. They ordered me the wrong size wedding dress and tried to cover it up by cutting out the size tag and blaming the company. They tried to alter it to fit me without even telling me instead of just sending it back for the right size. It was still 3 sizes too small and looked horrible. They kept lying ande telling us the dress wasn't in in order to buy time to doctor up my dress. They never even offered to get the right size dress for us. They wanted to alter it another 3 sizes (which isn't possible when its too small). We had to actually ask them to try and get the right dress which should have been thier 1st course of action. So now that they waited too long they can't get that dress. We were not offered our money back but only another dress at half off. I haven't even seen this other dress and had to choose it off the company's website. It;s now a month to my wedding and I don't have the dress I had planned my decor and flowers around and who knows what the dress I am getting looks like. They lied constantly and changed their story numerous times. They would never return our calls. The manager didn't even have the decency to inform us of the problem before I got there for the fitting and then he hid in the back the whole time!@@@@@@@ I always thought they were rude from the beginning and never wanted to buy my dress there but I couldn't find it anyplace else. I wish I would have trusted my instincts!!! To make matters worse, they had to take me for my fitting 20 minutes late because they were trying to fix another crying bride's problem. And guess what...they had ordered her the wrong dress. DO NOT SHOP AT JULIE'S. They are completely dishonest and incompetent. Clearly writing down a few numbers correctly is far too hard for the manager. Perhaps its because he's too busy cutting brand tags out of samples and trying to fix his numerous screw ups.

Affordable Dreams Guest

I would inform the tv stations if you have a consumer reporter. Newspapers. Why should you have to wear your second forced choice?
    Call the manufacturer direct and inform them.
    Chrissy
    Affordable Dreams By Christine

lbeth Guest

I got evertying worked out with my dress, but I had to go straight to the owner of the store who works in birmingham to get anything done. My money was reufunded and I got another dress at another store. I'm not sure it's the salon as a whole that's the problem, but if you really want to go to Julie's, I'd suggest going to the one in Birmingham so you don't have to deal with Scott. He is totally incompetent and was the cause of alll the problems with my dress. He was too cowardly to even be there when I supposed to come to the store to get fitted. He needs to be fired. He's singlehandedly ruining that store! If you have a problem with Scott, I suggest going straigh to Julie to get it resolved.