Thread: Julius Bridal

vipergx Guest

Default Julius Bridal

Hi I recently got engaged and was considering buying my gown online at Juliusbridal.com. So far, I have heard some good things about them and their dresses look gorgeous, the prices are unbelievable.

I was wondering if anyone here has purchaced from them or know of anyone who has and how your experience with them was, how the dress came out, etc. That would be a great help.
    Thanks!
    Val

Default RE: Julius Bridal

I have started some Ebay China threads on this board and several others. My thread has taken off on the Wedding Channel. Not sure if you have found it yet. That is one company we have been following and have had some good reviews about their quality. However, some stress has come up with delivary time, perhaps due to the Chinese New Year holiday. Still dresses managed to show up in about 2 months, but one bride was promised 1 month so that was why the panic.

Rumor has it that the company was thrown off Ebay for selling the real gowns(or knock offs) with the designers tags and certificates and she found out about it. Again, not sure if she had a contract with them herself.

Check out these threads. If you go with them please post some pics of what you received and give us some feedback. Hope it works out for you!

http://boards.weddingchannel.com/thr...hreadID=506452

http://boards.weddingchannel.com/thr...hreadID=510570

nanalee11 Guest

Hi All,
    I am the Mother of a soon-to-be bride. I stumbled across this board while still looking for wedding 'stuff'. This our last out of 6 kids, I've been through it all! My daughter's gown was purchased from Julius, the 'Jasmine', last year on eBay. She was sick of looking. Consumers had some legitimate complaints. The gowns were usually soiled & had loose threads, apparently. The one we received was a little dirty on the bottom, but not a big deal.
    The fabric is as georgeous as any Couture, prices at least 50% less, even with shipping. I live in a rural area of St. Louis, Mo and the shops' prices are ridiculous unless you go to David's Bridal. We would never have been able to afford a dress like that. BUT...
    All the negative feedback the company received must have helped & they've improved. Julius is back on eBay as "One of a Kind Dress". I sell and buy on Ebay myself and they wouldn't let 'em back, otherwise. The new descriptions specify NO soil, loose threads, good condition. The pictures aren't stock photos of models, but they are what-you-see-is-what-you-get. I used to sew, have made wedding & prom dresses. I do know what to look for and the workmanship is very professional. Truthfully, the owner has bent over backwards to please us,even a year ago. Hope this helps! :-)

tysons_girl20 Guest

I bought my dress from them and it came back WAY better than i expected. there were a few minor things that i had to have a seamstress fix, but the quality is amazing! the fabric they use is WAY nicer than Davids bridal and for half the price. My gown is called Jillian. they named it after me. it's a knock off of Justina McCaffrey's Magnificat. I LOVE MY DRESS!!!

Tricie Guest

your dress is beautiful!!! And the prices at this site. I'm getting so excited and my wedding is still 8 months away!!!

blondelectual Guest

Hi

I haven't bought from Julius Bridal yet, but I have been communicating with a lot of questions. They have been extremely professional, very quick to respond and helpful.

I am still about 4 months away from buying my dress but if I make the decision to buy online I am pretty sure I will go with Julius Bridal.

I hope this helps.

Julia

Thumbs down Beware julius bridal

BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE!!! I used Julius Bridal for my wedding gown, my mothers gown, and my bridesmaids gowns. The gowns all came in WRONG, and had to be sent to a seamstress for corrections. The seamstress has a loose pidgeon who poops all over her shop and the gowns. Also she doesn't have a large changing room, and her husband walks around her shop/apartment. She butchered the gowns, leaving Julius and Mimi to make tons of last minute corrections. And in the end my mother ended up buying her gown from Macy's..which sucked cause she was walking me down the aisle. The jewlels on my wedding gown were put on with a hot glue gun, and immediately started falling off the gown. Halfway through the reception they fell right off, ruining my pictures and embarrasing me in front of my guests. Definitly buy your gown from a retail store if you can, because Julius Bridal does horrble work and does not refund you for Their mistakes.