acherwin Guest

Default HORRIBLE Experience at David's Bridal

I just wasted the better part of 2 hours at David's Bridal in Schaumburg, Illinois last Saturday.

I arrived promptly for my 2:30p appointment and had to wait 45 minutes. Was loudly and publicly chastised for taking a dress off the rack to look at. Apparantly, their sales vipers are the only ones who know how to remove a dress from the rack.

I was told on the phone when I made the appointment, that they had a big sale and there would be plenty of dresses for $350 or under, which was my STRICT budget. When I arrived, the sale rack was bare, and I was pushed to the regular rack, where dresses were only marginally discounted. When I informed the sales viper of my limt, she rolled her eyes and said she wasn't sure she could help me find something. She was able to pull 3 dresses that were acceptable for my budget and then proceeded to tell me that I needed to open my budget to find something decent.

When I made the appointment, I was also informed that I had plenty of time to order my dress if necessary since I had only 6 months before my wedding. When I got to the appt. that Saturday, the sales viper informed that 6 months was considered a rush order and I would have to incur some charges.

I read in Bridal Bargins 8th Edition that David's Bridal was a huge problem, but I wanted to at least look to satisfy my curosity and I was REALLY disappointed to see that ABSOLUTELY everything they said would happen, did.

DAVID'S BRIDAL WAS THE WORST AND MOST EMARASSING EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD!

Default RE: HORRIBLE Experience at David's Bridal

I have had a similar experience with a David's in Milwaukee, WI.
    I went there without an appointment during the week, which wasn't really a problem since they weren't busy, however, I felt swarmed by bored saleswomen.

I told them I didn't really want to try anything on and the lady seemed kind of mad about that. After about fifteen minutes of browsing with a friend, I did come across one dress I liked and my friend pulled it off the rack. A saleswoman swooped in and said, "Don't touch that!" like my friend was holding a live grenade or something.

Although miffed, I still wanted to try on the dress and they told me I had to fill out all kinds of paperwork, which I wasn't happy about, but was told basically to either fill it out or go away, as you weren't allowed to try on gowns without filling out a bunch of information. (I have not encountered this in any other shop, by the way).

NOTE: I CONSTANTLY get unwanted e-mails from companies associated with David's Bridal. There is a box you can check on the initial paperwork to not receive e-mails, but the saleswoman mislead me into thinking that if I checked the box, I wouldn't receive any promotional/sale e-mails from David's, which I don't think is true.

Anyway, the sales people totally don't care about you. I tried on a HORRIBLE gown that was like four sizes too big and the sales woman said, "that looks great!" Um, yeah, if you're blind, lady. I am not the skinniest woman in the world (hey, I live in WI -- I like beer, OK?) and felt really uncomfortable with the saleslady in the changing room with me while I was getting into my undergarments. I felt like that wasn't necessary at all.

Do yourself a favor and don't even bother with David's Bridal. Much nicer quality (both dresses and staff) in hundreds of other shops!

Thumbs down Bridesmaids dress disaster

I already purchased my gown at Davids and I love it and I got a great price.

With that being said however, I picked out my bridesmaids dress 2 months ago, 8 months before my wedding. I told my bridesmaids and One of them purchased the dress with 6 1/2 months to go. At no point during any of these interactions was I ever informed that the dress was being discontinued.

Today I looked on their website and didn't see it so I called. The sales girl was very friendly but she told me that I either order all 3 remaining dresses today in limited sizes or I pick a dress that is the exact same price because they don't give refunds. That is not right! I should have been forewarned and now I should get refund since I wasn't warned!

I wasn't shopping unreasonably early for the dress and two months ago it wasn't even marked down. They have all of my information so why was I not called or notified?

This is a nightmare and I have to say that for your dress if you can stomach the poor customer service you'll get a great deal but I would go elsewhere for bridesmaids dresses unless everyone is preppared to be fitted and order the dress on the same day or at least within a week of eachother.

Default David's - GREAT experience!

I had a great experience with David's Bridal in Port Huron, Michigan. I had an appointment set for a Monday at 11 a.m. but my friend was unable to come with me so we went in the day before instead. The bridal consultant that was assigned to me was there and she had no problem whatsoever rescheduling my 1st trip to a bridal shop. She was more than helpful, she listened carefully to everything I told her I was looking for in my dress. I found a wonderful, princess ball gown for only $600!
    My friend is also one of my bridesmaids and we have narrowed my bridesmaids dresses down to only 2 and down to 2 different colours.

I did not hear the horror stories about David's Bridal until I read 'Bridal Bargains' book. After reading it, when I go back to David's in a few weeks to make my first payment, I will be going over my gown with a fine-tooth-comb to ensure the seams are sewn well and the beading is tight and not loose.

Overall, I had an A+ experience with David's Bridal in Port Huron, Michigan!
    Last edited by missym; 05-18-2011 at 08:24 AM.