Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Internet Gown Needs Alterations

After much searching I have found a dress I love. The bridal salon in St. Clair Shores, MI quoted me a price of approx $2500, which happens to be $300 over the retail price. But, thanks to the Bridal Bargains book, I have decided to order my dress from Pearl's Place for siginificantly less. :-) But, my problem is that I can't find a local bridal salon who sells this designer (Diamond), or any other designer to perform my alterations. I have called some salons who have offered to give me a list of local seamstresses,... but who are these people!?!? And, what if they ruin my dress?!?! Unfortunately, I nor my family/friends know any seamstresses. Now, some people are suggesting that I should buy the dress from that overpriced salon. If anyone has gone this route and understands or can offer some assistance in my dilemma, it would be much appreciated.

Default RE: Internet Gown Needs Alterations

Obviously, hiring a seamstress can seem like a scary prospect. But it isn't that hard---just call a few on that list and set up a face to face meeting with a couple of the best prospects. Ask to see their work area and get info on their experience. It's not hard to figure out who knows their stuff. Another idea: some (but not all) bridal shops will alter gowns bought outside their shops. This is especially true in the not-so-busy times of the year (like August or Sept).

Let us know how it goes,
    Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
    BRIDAL BARGAINS * BRIDALGOWN.COM * CYBERBRIDE *

bruschini Guest

I plan on getting my dress over the internet as well and believe it or not most seamstresses that work in Bridal Salons also do work out of their homes. You might go to a Salon and talk to a seamstress and ask her on the side if she does alterations at home. That's what I did and she does, and has been doing work for 50 years. Now all I have to do is find the dress I want. Can you help me? What is this Bridal Bargain book you are talking about and where can I get one? The dress I want is $3,500 and out of my price range.

Hope I was of some help - please reply. I'm desperate.

bruschini Guest

Default BRIDAL BARGAINS

Do you have some sort of book - I keep hearing people mention it and say they got their designer dress for a much more reasonable price???

Please let me know.

Thank you!

Thanks for the help. I never thought to ask the seamstresses whether they perform work outside the salon.

Now, here is my help to you: The book that most people refer to on this site is titled "Bridal Bargains" by Alan and Denise Fields. I purchased my copy off the recommendation of a friend at Borders. The book is filled with thousands of helpful hints on how to save money on different aspects of your wedding. There is a section on Bridal Gowns, and one of the suggestions the authors make is to purchase a dress on the internet. I have learned that there are many sites but I have personally had the best results with Pearls Place and BrideSave. You can send an email requesting a quote on your particular gown. It helps if you have the designer name and style number. Usually they offer a significantly reduced priced compared to retail. GOOD LUCK!!!!

Default RE: BRIDAL BARGAINS

The book that most people refer to on this site is titled "Bridal Bargains" by Alan and Denise Fields. I purchased my copy off the recommendation of a friend at Borders. The book is filled with thousands of helpful hints on how to save money on different aspects of your wedding. There is a section on Bridal Gowns, and one of the suggestions the authors make is to purchase a dress on the internet. I have learned that there are many sites but I have personally had the best results with Pearls Place and BrideSave. You can send an email requesting a quote on your particular gown. It helps if you have the designer name and style number. Usually they offer a significantly reduced priced compared to retail. GOOD LUCK!!!!

bobb Guest

on this site you can get a quote, just go into bridal quote, put in the information they ask for and shortly thereafter you will recieve three quotes for your dress. I saved $400.00 from the price at the store and that doesn't include the tax I'm not paying because it's shipping to me from out of state. The shipping fee was $12.00. Still a bargain. You will also find the measurements the designer uses to make their dresses so you can be better assured of a good fit. I'm blessed that the dress I tried on (at a bridal salon) fit me to a "T". When I checked out the designer measurements, I could see why...it was me!
    bobb

bridesweb Guest

I hope I am not too late in replying. You may wish to contact PACC, the Professional Association of Custom Clothiers. See their website at http://www.paccprofessionals.org/.

Good luck,

Nancy King
    Discount Bridal Service
    Authorized Representative
    PACC Formal Member
    http://www.bridesweb.com

No, you certainly are not too late. Thank you for the information, I will check out their website. Thanks again!!! nah

danusia Guest

I'm sure that this email is probably too late for you, but I thought I'd send it anyway. I have a GREAT seamstress in Livonia, MI (5 Mile Rd. and Newburg). The name of the place is Vera's Alterations (and her name is Vera). The phone number is (734) 462-9484. Just tell her that Diane sent you. She is a little pricy, but does phenomenal work (i.e. she's a perfectionist)! She's doing my dress...

Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast