rowkb Guest

Default What do I do once I have the mail order dress?

I'm thinking about getting a dress from Pearl's. I have been price comparing with other discounters and salons. I am considering all factors. (Make sure you ask about the charges for a larger size dress, many of the discounters charge MORE than the salons!).

I am having trouble doing a complete comparison because I don't know where to get a garment bag, and the cost. I also am not sure how to find a seamstress to get an estimate on the alterations.

How have other brides handled these issues?

These extra costs could make my savings neglible. I'm having a hard time with this decision because I liked the sales person at one shop but the owner really annoyed me. He acted as if his "discounted" price of $40 off full retail was so rock bottom, he couldn't possibly go lower. I hate to give him my business now.

Any suggestions?

Default RE: What do I do once I have the mail order dress?

Good questions. Remember that alterations are almost ALWAYS extra when you buy a bridal gown---whether you shop on the 'net from a store. And that stores that "include alterations" in their prices sometimes jack the price of the dress.

Pearl's can sell you a garment bag, as can most discounters.

As for finding a seamstress, we have multiple ideas on this in our book, BRIDAL BARGAINS and in the advice/tips section of BridalGown.com. Give that shot!

best wishes,
    Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
    BRIDAL BARGAINS * BRIDALGOWN.COM * CYBERBRIDE * YOUR NEW HOUSE * BABY BARGAINS
    Email: [email protected]. Web: www.windsorpeak.com. Phone: 303-442-8792
    Address: Windsor Peak Press, 436 Pine Street, Boulder, CO 80302

Affordable Dreams Guest

Default RE: What do I do once I have the mail order dress?

Don't forget to check with me too
    ! :) Heck I'll give you a bag when you order with me.

Chrissy
    Affordable Dreams By Christine
    DBS
    [email protected]