Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: E-bay stories

vtbonita Guest

Default RE: E-bay stories

I've been looking at dresses and headpieces on eBay, and, while there are some good deal, there are also some sneaky sellers. I was searching eBay the other day, and I noticed at least one Oleg Cassini (a/k/a David's Bridal "designer" dress) dress that the seller described as an exclusive designer label and had a "Buy It Now" price of $850 for a made in China, 100% polyester gown. The seller also posted a long blurb about Oleg Cassini's desinger experience. There are also lots of "never been worn" gowns available that are posted with catalog photos, but, when you get into the fine print, they're described as sample gowns needing some repair work and a cleaning.

I guess the bottom line is read the description closely and ask the seller lots of questions.

Gregs_Girl Guest

I had an amazing experience buying my dress on E-bay! I just recently bought my "dream gown" and saved a bundle! I wanted a Maggie Sottero gown above anything else, and found out that it would take up to 28 weeks to ship. I was devistated because my wedding in in Oct. This is why I checked out E-bay. I got a brand new, tags still on, Maggie Sottero gown from her haute couture collection for $355! The dress retails for over $900! It came with a matching purse, stole, and optional cap sleeves! I recieved it quickly and in perfect condition. It only needs to be steamed. I highly recommend E-Bay. You just need to make sure you check out the seller carfully and ask the seller any questions you have before you bid. The seller of my gown was great, for she had a return policy. This is very uncommon in the bridal business. She bought out a failed bridal botique from a bank and has just begun selling the gowns recently. I would check out her auctions. I think she has over 100 or so left to sell. If you want more information e-mail me. Good Luck!!

shotrock Guest

Default I got my dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is beautiful and in perfect condition. I truly rec. trying to get your deals on ebay. Just make sure you ask all the right questions and are happy with the communication. Here is an attachment of my dress pic... pictures don't do it justice. It's style 1570 of Alfred Angelo Spring 2002.

marcywench Guest

I consider myself lucky. I tried on my dress at David's Bridal three days after getting engaged. I wasn't going to buy it right then, but rather sleep on it. I went home and, on a whim, checked on ebay. There it was, in the size I needed. It was being sold by one of the bridesmaids from a wedding that didn't happen (they kicked in to buy the dress as a gift for the bride.) The seller had never sold anything on ebay before, but I emailed her and our subsequent exchange was excellent. I talked with her on the phone, and I felt I could trust her. I won the auction, getting a $600 dress for $400...new, with tags attached. It was perfect. With alterations, still came in waaaay under retail.

HOWEVER, don't EVER buy a bridal cape from any one at "Bridal-outerwear.com" or anyone attached w/her site. I won an auction from her...she had acceptable feedback. I don't know if she had some sort of tragedy, or what, but after excellent communication, she disappeared off of the face of the earth.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

YMMV,
    Marcy 03-08-03

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2