AggieBride Guest

Default Any Further Experience with RKBridal and NetBride.com

I just wanted to know if anybody else has ordered their bridal gown online, especially from either RKBridal and NetBride. I went to my local bridal shop the first time and they quoted me a dress from Pronovias that I fell in love with verbally - $1000 (non-silk version) and ~$1350 (silk version). When I went again to try it on, the written quote was $1350 (non-silk version) and they wouldn't even quote me the silk one being that it would be too expensive. I received quotes from RKBridal and NetBride that is approx. $400 less for the non-silk version with ONLY $150.00 more for the silk version (that include no sales tax and shipping and handling). I am thinking of ordering online due to the amount of money I can save compared to getting the same dress at my local bridal shop.

Thanks Denise and Alan for a great book (Bridal Bargains) that I would suggest every bride to be should get!!

P.S. I'll give you guys feedback on either RKBridal or NetBride if I decide to get my dress from them.

maendem Guest

Default RE: Any Further Experience with RKBridal and NetBride.com

I had a wonderful experience with Netbride.com. RKBridal reps told me they didn't accept emailed orders-since I don't have a fax machine, and I couldn't get through by phone, I gave up on them. Netbride was most helpful--matched RK price and took off an additional 5% for me. The dress arrived within weeks. Unfortunately, my worst fear came true--there was a small but noticeable run in the front panel of the dress. When I called to complain, everyone was extremely apologetic and friendly. No one gave me a hard time; they shipped a replacement one week later, and the dress was still on time--months earlier than one boutique had offered to send it. Every week during the whole process, Nora, their customer service rep would send me a personal email letting me know what stage my order was in. I cannot recommend the company enough.

A very satisfied bride.

cath_b Guest

I too had an excellent experience with Netbride. Kristianne's (the lady who help answer all of my paranoid questions) attitude made me feel at ease about ordering my wedding gown with Netbride. She wasn't pushy at all. I asked her about the length of the train on a Randy Fenoli gown. She didn't have the information off hand and promised to call me back. First thing the next morning she left a message on my machine with detailed measurements.

When I finally ordered my dress and the bridesmaids dresses it arrived 5 weeks earlier than promised. I was blown away.

The positive attitude, and the friendly service is their selling point. I have recommended Netbride to my friends who are currently planning their wedding. I'd recommend Netbride to you.

branchernj Guest

I ordered my wedding dress from RK Bridal and had GREAT service!!! The dress arrived on time and it was just what I ordered. I would highly recommend them! Also remember they will match any other online retailer plus give you an additional 5% off of that price. It pays to shop around and then go back to RK (thats what I did and I got my Maggie Sottero for 1/2 price!).
    Recently I ordered my bridesmaid dresses from Netbride (couldn't get the best price from RK on this one) and so far so good! I just placed my order but I am happy with what they negoiated the price to be.

morris_q Guest

Which online retailer did you use that RK Bridal matched and also gave you an additional 5% discount. I was thinking of using Discount Bridal Services. Has anyone heard anything bad or good about them?

jonesbride Guest

I ordered a Maggie Sottero gown from netbride.com in June. I received the dress in a little less than three months and it is exactly what I wanted. And it was almost $500 less than the bridal store price. I would recommend Netbride.com to anyone!

Piko Guest

Im thinking of getting my dress through RK Bridal but I'm still a little skeptical about their customer service etc - it took me 4 phone calls & an email to get a quote. They are willing to take an additional 5% off the DBS price however.

Any recent experiences with RK?

Piko Guest

I finally ordered my dress through RK Bridal ... but only out of desperation due to the closure of DBS. They're one of the only discount websites that carries the line of dresses that I was interested in. However I must say that working with RK Bridal particularly over the phone has been nothing but a hassle. As I mentioned in my previous post just to get a quote for my dress I had to place 4 phone calls and send several emails. For the most part the people that I spoke with were not very helpful. I was bluntly told that they dont carry the manufacturer that I wanted though it's clearly advertised on their website, and pretty much got hung up on twice. When I finally got through to someone who understood that they do carry the manufacturer, the person who was supposed to call me back with a quote never did. Well after much strife - though I should have simply taken my business elsewhere - I was finally able to get a quote.

After getting through that ordeal and ordering the dress I never received any email confirmation. Figuring out what happened with my order took a phone call, an email and then another phone call. It turns out that not only was my email address copied incorrectly when the dress was ordered, but when I finally received the email confirmation my shipping address was also written incorrectly - all this despite the fact that this information was clearly typed when I faxed the initial order. I guess buying via one of these "discount" sites means that customer service and courtesy are also discounted. I see that they offer an extra 10% discount on shoes and a veil if also ordered from them but at this point I'd rather pay extra for the lack of a headache.

I just hope I get my dress!

Affordable Dreams Guest

Hi,
    Can you Please email me your contact information. I know the Owner of
    RK Bridal personaly. I will bring this to his attention.

Email me @ [email protected]

Chrissy