I just want to let everyone know that I would not suggest buying anything from Romantic Headlines. I went ahead an purchased a veil from them and after ordering what appeard from the website to be a one tier veil was surprised to find when I recieved it that it was a two tier veil which was not at all what I wanted. I emailed them to find out how to return it, and told them that they should know their discription on the website was incorrect. The owner replied back with a snide remark that if I was choosing to return the veil instead of exchange it that that was fine but I was not going to find as good a deal elsewhere, and then the woman proceeded to tell me it was my fault I got the wrong veil b/c I should have called to confirm the discription on the website! Talk about unprofessional, and it only gets worse. I returned the veil and a few weeks go by and I realize my credit card has never been credited. I sent another email asking if everything was okay, and she sends me another email that her husband must have made a mistake, she blamed him for the website mistake as well, and forgot to credit my card. Then she proceeded again to tell me that b/c I was not ordering from them that I must be paying to much for my veil. Who is this woman?! Frankly I though the whole affair quite strange and extremely unprofessional. Granted she did credit back my card (- the shipping and handling) but she was rude, disrespectful and totally unprofessional. Their customer service, in a word, was lousy and I personally would suggest paying the extra 40 or so bucks for some real customer servicer and forego dealing with this woman.