I have noticed all those sites in ebay from Chinese companies who make knock off dresses to one's own measurements. They will also make a dress that you design.

Some charge as little as $.99 for a dress but hit you with over $100 for the shipping and handling. Others charge about $40 for the dress and another $40 for the shipping and handeling. Most of the reviews are good on them, but some are better then others.

I have seen at least one picture posted on the Wedding Channel boards of a bride wearing one of those dresses and it looked nice. There are a coupld of others who have ordered them and are waiting for them to come in and will post pictures.

I was wondering if anyone here has purchased or even seen any of these dresses? Where was it odrered from (company name)? How was the service? Were you happy with the dress, the quality, and the fabric? Was it just as pictured? Was the quality compreable to something you would find at David's Bridal?

I did learn a couple of things about them already. They tend to close down for the Chinese New Year holiday for several days so comunication on those days is slow. (another bride ran into this) One company just got kicked off ebay for actually selling the real designer gowns with certificates dirt cheap. She found out about it (apparently it was her contracted factory) and she had them kicked off. They are still filling the orders already placed.

I do not have a ring yet so I will not really be shopping for a dress until I get one and that is a little bit away. Until then, I am educating myself on everything wedding. I am very short and apple shaped so nothing ever fits me right and it would nice to have one made to my size or at least close to it. So I would love to learn from everyone else who has tried this, especially if the company was good to work with and was able to communicate well. I feel that for about $100 it is worth the risk.

So please send some feedback and if you can post or send a picture even better!

Thanks!