Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Default RE: Ebay China Gowns

Thank you for the information. I didn't have any info on that company yet. What did the other dress you ordered run? Did you recieve them yet?

Did you require any additional alterations? Did you learn any tips about ordering that you would like to pass along?

I would love to see pictures if you have any. Could you post them here or email them to me at [email protected] .

Thank you!

viajera20009 Guest

Opsie (and others)

Do you have a photo of yourself in your gown??

Does the gown have boning and a lining? (I'm also as curvy as they come, so I need all that!

Toni

viajera20009 Guest

Opsie (and others)

Do you have a photo of yourself in your gown??

Does the gown have boning and a lining? (I'm also as curvy as they come, so I need all that!

Toni

Just a note. Ebay China companies are now knocking off each others gowns in addition to the big guys. I have seen pictures snagged from Julius Bridal and 1Koo that are not being made but eith company even though both companies make dresses that are availible on ebay. JB will stand by any dress they make but not copies from a company that is not associated with them so be careful if ordering. You still may be able to get the same looking dress from one of the other companies but I have not had any reviews on the new copie cats on the other sites I have posted.

Janine

ktaylor718 Guest

I purchased and received my wedding gown from a Chinese ebay shop - (Cinderella's Bridal Shop). I can't begin to tell you how absolutely TERRIFIED I was!! The dress is absolutely FABULOUS and I could not have made a better decision had I gone to a local bridal salon.

The dress is a knock off of Maggie Sottero's Dion. Believe me, I compared pictures as closely as I could and could not find any difference. Cinderella's offers to make the dress in any size 2-30, they will custom make the dress to your measurements (which I chose to do). They will also make any other modifications upon request. I requested the dress be made without the train (our wedding is on a large sailboat but not enough room to drag a train and the back is too pretty to bustle).

The dress is a heavy silk, boned, fully lined, and has exquisite beading. I was very impressed with the hemline - it's re-inforced and falls beautifully. It also has the corset lace up back just like the Maggie - and does wonders for those of us with a few extra curves...it hides the bad and shows off the good!

I ordered my dress on 6/20 and received it on 7/10. I got the shipment notification on 7/7 a full 14 days earlier than estimated. I paid $199 + $55 shipping. This ebay shop has many other styles, I assume other Maggie knock-offs and they're all beautiful.

It's about 3 inches too long - but that's my fault. I was measured with heels and have since decided to wear flats - I'm already pretty tall! My seamstress is in awe of the price and fabulous quality and that I don't need any other alterations.

My reasoning...which I haven't seen anyone write about - but I'm not afraid to say it nor do I lack for words on this. This is one day - not even that, it's a few hours and then it goes in a box. I can't comprehend why anyone would spend thousands on a wedding dress to wear for a few hours. I get that we want to look the best ever on "our day". But I can't wrap my head around spending so much money...or insisting on a genuine designer dress with a certificate. What does that do? Whom does it impress? Are you supposed to frame the certificate? I'd rather put more money into making sure my guests have great food, fun, and have a wonderful unique experience. If it falls apart at the end of my day (which I'm confident it won't) it has still done its job and been worth every penny.

Thanks for all the info. I will share it with the others I am communicating with on other boards. Do you have any pictures of the dress you recieved that you would not mind sharing? My email is [email protected]

Thanks!

ktaylor718 Guest

I don't have pictures of myself in the gown yet...My mother and matron of honor are both 600 miles away and I locked my fiance out of the house when I tried it on by myself...that was an event! I'll try to remember to send pictures when I have some.

The website for the shop I went through is linked here...I can't sing their praises enough!!! All of their dresses are beautiful and my dress (Dion) is exactly as they pictured.

http://stores.ebay.com/Cinderellas-Bridal-Shop

I understand how hard it is to take pics with everyone so far away.

I have heard a couple of other good reports about them. I think another bride on the WC bought the same dress awhile back and was thrilled with it. She had them do the embroidery in light blue.

There has been a lot of talk on the WC in the past from brides who agree with you about how it is just crazy to spend thousands for a dress for less then one day. Some people spend more on their dress then I did on my car!

Soon2bMrs Guest

I went to the website after reading your message. The dresses are beautiful. I would love to order my dress from them also but I am afraid to order such an important purchase online. Does the beading on your dress look good? I'm afraid it might look cheap. Do you have a picture of yourself in the dress yet? I would love to see it.:D

I have a knock off of an older Lazaro dress from one of these Chinese ebay sellers (lisayipoi123). It is beautiful... the only problem I had was that the stays in the bodice are not really that strong. I also personally replaced all the beads and rhinestones with swarovskis.

The dress did have a zipper in the picture but I simply asked for them to put in a corset back... I had to provide a picture of what one looked like and what a privacy panel was, but there was no extra charge at all. It is done to my exact measurements due to the corset back. Total cost to me was around $250 Canadian after shipping.

I found her to be very responsive to emails and very helpful.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast