Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Soon2bMrs Guest

Default RE: Ebay China Gowns

Why did you replace the beads and rhinestones? Also where did you get your swarovskis? Thanks.

cyanosis Guest

Default DON'T BUY FROM topbridalshop on ebay!!!!

They had a picture of a justin alexander dress. I bought it for $69 plus $99 shipping plus $10 insurance. I got it more than a month later. It had very little in common with the original, was not made to the correct size, and was made of cheap silk rather than the taffeta I had made sure to ask that it was made of. He promised a full refund if I sent it back. It cost me $37 plus insurance to send it back to China. Then, He only refunded me $71. I complained and told him he had promised me ALL of the money back. He refunded me an aditional $80. So he still didn't refund my full purchase price, but it's better than nothing. All of this took 2 and 1/2 months.

ketgilbert Guest

O ordered my dress from Ekt on Ebay. I paid 51.50 for the dress, 49.00 for air shipping, this was in Euros, it translated to $128.57 USD. I also paid a bank fee of $50 to wire the money to him so that it would be done more quickly. i sent the wired on 09/01/2006. I received an email from him stating he received my payment on 09/05/2006. I then received an email stating my dress was finished and ready to ship on 09/11/2006. I haven't received it yet, and I expect to need slight alterations since my fiance and I did my measurements to the best of our ability, but I have high hopes. I will post the results when I receive it. :D

I replaced the beads and rhinestones with swarovskis because I liked the look of the swarovskis better. I got the swarovskis off of ebay for fairly cheap actually as I only ordered around 100 of them (small 4 - 6 mm bicone crystals). The beads and rhinestones weren't as good a quality as the swarovskis and the amount of time that it took was just an afternoon.

ketgilbert Guest

I got my dress on the 26th, it took less than a month to get the gown. The picture did not do it justice. It's ven prettier than I thought it would be, and somehow we managed to do my measurements correctly, I don't have to get it altered at all. I am definitely ordereing the flower girl's dress from China-ekt this February. :-D

I would love to see a picture of that dress!

jinjguo Guest

Hi all, I was looking at www.kanacca.com. And some of those dresses are just beautiful!! I already found 3 I really like. I was just wondering if anyone has bought one of these "china dresses" I also sent an email to find out the price of a dress I want made. I can't wait to see what the price would be...I'm just a little weary of the cheap prices and wonder if the work is cheap or the material is cheap as well. I guess for those prices it's a risk but I think it's worth it.
    Any help would be great! Are there other companies like this??
    Thanks,
    Jinjguo

Yes, there are others. My favorite so far Is www.JuliusBridal.com, but Cinderella Bridal is also another good one and may be slightly cheaper.

The company you mentioned had had very incinsistant feedback over the past year. For a while anyone who complained about them in their feedback got nasty comments back calling them a bad ebayer. They did have some good comments, but many troubled ones. We have not yet come across an actually buyer on any or my threads yet.

BBB also had a few companies listed in their new edition of the book.

Janine

uclachexican Guest

Janine,

Upon recommendation from a friend, I purchased the Bridal Bargains book. I finished it in about 1 week and scoured it for information. Most interesting was the information about ordering dresses from China. I came here and found your thread as well as the one at the WC site. I just really wanted to thank you for starting these threads and spreading all this great information! I haven't read through all of the WC thread yet. I have to do a few pages a day, but so far it has been very helpful and very interesting. This information has been (will be) really useful or brides.

So I see that you really like JB the best so far. Is that just because of the feedback you have gotten about them? Especially on the WC web site? I have noticed that their prices have gone up and am tempted to use one of the other sites. But there isn't a whole lot of feedback from brides who used those companies. At least, none that I have seen.

And, correct me if I am wrong, but it is my understanding that if you email these companies pictures of dresses you like, that they can custom make you a dress. You don't neccesarily have to pick one off their web site. Is this right? There are some on their sites that I like, but nothing that really jumps out at me. I have my heart set on a designer gown, but could never afford to pay $5,000 for a wedding dress. I was hoping that if I emailed them a picture, asked them to make a few changes to the neckline and stuff, that they could pull it off for me.

Anyhow, thanks again. I wanted to respond here since the WC thread is getting so big! I look forward to continuing reading all these great posts. My wedding isn't until October 2007 so I have lots of time.

Hi,

Thank you so much. I had been putting in long hours at work lately and have been sick the past week so I have not checked on the WC posts for a few days and am a bit behind in responding there.

Yes, JB did go up on their prices. We were not thrilled with that, we never like price increases. We found out that the reason they did it was because they have a few stores carrying their line now and they were pressuring them to go up on their prices as they could not compete with them online. We had suggested to them to come up with a retail only line and a internet only line and it is under consideration but I don't know if the idea went anyplace yet.

Their dresses seem to be running about $300-$500 now. We like them so much because of the return policy and their willingness to make things right. On first time created dresses it seems to a bit harder to make at first and may need a couple of tries. JB is also located in NYC and the cost of living is higher there and it costs them more for having such a good return policy.

If their prices are too high for you try Cinderella's Bridal on Ebay we have had a good report or two on them! Their prices are still a bit lower. Just make sure to get good pictures of the gown you want and from different angles. Give very specific instruction even on things you see in the picture as they may interpret what they see differently. Use a numbered line by line format and don't overwhelm them with long paragraphs. Use small simple words when communicating as translation can be a problem. The WC thread it time consuming to read but it worth it.

Janine

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast