Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    saraoost Guest

Default RE: Ebay China Gowns

I was checking out the 1koo.com website - any idea if there is any advantage to buying direct versus buying through ebay? I was wondering if it is safer to buy through ebay.

i found a few dresses that i am interested in. Was also wondering what most people do who buy online dresses - do they try on at bridal shops first and then shop online for similar styles - or just take a chance on a dress that looks good online?

I would appreciate any help in this area.

A lot of people feel better about buying on ebay because there is some protection there. You will also be able to give feedback and they know it will effect their rating. You can do it however it is an advantage to you.

You need to go to dress stores and try dresses on and see what looks good on you. Brides often find that what looks good on them is much different then what they picked out online. Even if it is not the same dress but you know the style looks good on you will feel safer.

You need to find two people to measure you who know how to measure and take the measurements in both the English and metric systems and clearly label both when sending.

That company is known for zipper issues and their zippers sometimes have to be replaced which is not a big deal but lace up backs can save you from the problem and provide some room for adjustment possibly without any alterations at home.

There are many good tips on the Ebay China Thread on the Wedding Channel. I have not been on the past week or so as I just had so much going on lately.

ms6arcia Guest

Hi Everyone,

I'm interested in purchasing a wedding gown online as well. I'm a little bit worried though in regards to sending my measurements because I was measured for a bridesmaid's dress earlier this year - should I use those same exact measurements? The dress was a little big around the waist and I had to get it altered. Will I have trouble getting alterations to a wedding dress bought online from China?

Or do you recommend that I get new measurements elsewhere?

Thank you ladies!

ms6arcia Guest

How long does it take to receive your gown from JB? I tried searching for more info on their site before purchasing and couldn't find an answer.

pepelu Guest

Default Another webstire to check www.littlecoral.com

I have some experience with www.littlecoral.com, actually you can't believe that the 1koo.com or the kanacca.com are making the dress at the factory of littlecoral.

Littlecoral also has the ebay store and I found that the reputation is good and now they looks like only focusing on the wedding dress but some new items are adding everyday. I bought 2 from them and the Shipping is even faster than some sellers in USA. And the quality is good enough, we all love it and I have also recommended my friends to shop with them because the best services of littlecoral.

pepelu Guest

Yes, these chinese website including the www.littlecoral.com are accepting the custom made wedding dress. Simply provide the details of the dress you need with the detailed pictures/ materials or even anything, then you just wait at your home for less than 30 days. I believe it's worth.
    Good Luck.

No! You need to have them redone for several reasons. Your measurments could have changed. Someone could have made an error. You need to go by the measurement chart that the company you want to buy from uses, etc.

I still think people should have two different people do the measurements to make sure there are no mistakes. If the measurements are not the same then someone did make a mistake and it could be an expensive one!

You still may need alterations here even if it is made to order. It may need some tweeking. Sometimes they are perfect and sometimes they even need to be remade. Some companies are better then others.

It is about risk. What can you afford to risk. If you go with the lowest cost companies the money is a low risk, but what it a lot of money is different to different people. The other risk is the time factor if something does not turn out right. I always suggest to people to have a plan B. Even if it is just knowing David's inventory so well that you can buy off the rack from on of their locations if it comes down to worst case. Now I have not yet really found a worst case situation. I have seen some come very close to deadlines due to things like customs delays, hurricanes, Chinese New Year, etc. (God forbid if there is ever a national security issue that effects US ports!)

On the Wedding Channel there are two great threads. One is the ebay China thread and the other is the Julius Bridal threads. If you take the time to read them you will see all the ups and downs and worrying and great dresses that come in the end.

For a while JB was saying they could do an order in 30 days, but that is NOT enough time! Now they say the min. is 60 days. They perfer six months. The reason for it is that if the dress has a problem then it can be sent back and remade. I saw one dress that had a new one made three times! It did take a while. The finaly product was amazing! The other two were not really bad, just not the image invisioned as I recall.

The six month rule is one of comfort. The dress may be in with the 60 days and be perfect, but if it isn't then you have that slush room and don't need to panick. (Yes the same thing can happen when buying at a local store, they don't always have a dress on time and perfect either, risk is everywhere not just on ebay!)

Now I am still unsure of the Chinese New Year date. That could be an issue for some ordering from any company depending on their deadline. Some factories in China won't refuse an order and over promise (a Brides Worst Nightmare!) They are still learning from the American and International comsumers. Remember China is currently undergoing their own industrial revolution right in the middle of the communication revolution. They litterally have young girls leaving the farms and moving away to cities and living in company owned boarding houses to work. New companies are poping up every day in China and other nations as well.

I say if you are looking for at a company and are unsure about them to try to contact their past buyers and talk with directly (and if you can have them leave a review here with us too!)

Another note on prices. The same dress may have different prices, especially at JB depending on the materials you choose. If you want a poly then it is cheaper, if you want a silk or a hand woven silk the price jumps! Add in thouhsands of Australian crystals and it jumps again. JB will send you small fabric samples apon request.

FYI- A while back Julius bought up a bunch of the new edition of BBB and gave them away to WC brides (they are all gone now. He sent me one! He even covered the postage himself! Before that he gave away some free wedding fashion show DVDs!

Default RE: Another webstire to check www.littlecoral.com

That does not surprise me at all. 1Koo sell many different types of items at such a variety it was unliely, but not impossible that they would buy from other manufacturers. Now they may or may not be their only wedding gown producer. If they are I would still have concerns about the zipper quality and arm hole size.

Do you have any dresses from them yourself? Do you have any pictures? If so can you please post them here or email them to me at [email protected] We would like to even see pictures of inside seems if possible!

Perhaps your friends could also come here and post pictures and reviews!

Thanks,

Janine

bwmurphy99 Guest

I recently ordered a gown from 1koo.com, highlighted in the book as a reputible site, and was horribly dissapointed when it arrived. The service was fine, they responded to e-mails in a timely manner etc. However, the fabric was nothing like the picture, it was cheap polyster and was poorly sewn. I would not recommend buying any gowns from this site regardless of how cheap it is.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast