Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Default RE: Ebay China Gowns

Thank you for the information. Would you mind posting some pictures or emailing some to me at [email protected] ?

Thanks,
    Janine

mustangtiff21 Guest

Hello. I ordered a gown from 1koo.com earlier this month. I know it takes time to get the dress and all but I have received NO response from them and I even tried contacting them thru Ebay, and there store is closed. I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing a problem from them? Thanks!

Tiffany

Yes, as of recently their account with ebay is either closed or suspended and I am not sure why. Contact them through their website. You will probably get an answer. Other people have been able to contact them there. Remember to expect a time difference for responses. We are also getting in some reports if inconsistant quality on their dresses and I am not sure if that is part of the issue or not.

wedding07 Guest

Hi, would you mind letting me know how it works out with 1koo.com? It's because I'm interested in purchasing a couple bridesmaid dresses off the same website, and I'm a little apprehensive!! Their feedback on ebay is pretty good, but they don't work on ebay anymore at all it seems. I've been able to contact people who bought stuff from them off ebay, and they were all satisfied. But I'd really appreciate your advice as a buyer from their website directly. Thanks so much! Catherine

mustangtiff21 Guest

Thanks for the replies ladies. To update you on this, I went and filed a dispute with paypal because I bought thru there website paying with paypal. I have emailed them thru their website at 2 different addresses, messaged them on their msg board on their site emailed them thru their ebay account and paypal has yet to receive any corresponence from them. If I remember correctly, I have sent them 4 emails. I;m not sure if its their chinese holiday going on or something but I cant afford the risk. I dont have alot to spend on a dress as it is, let alone do I want to but still. Let me know if theirs anything else you want to know. Thanks again!

mustangtiff21 Guest

Thanks for the replies ladies. To update you on this, I went and filed a dispute with paypal because I bought thru there website paying with paypal. I have emailed them thru their website at 2 different addresses, messaged them on their msg board on their site emailed them thru their ebay account and paypal has yet to receive any corresponence from them. If I remember correctly, I have sent them 4 emails. I;m not sure if its their chinese holiday going on or something but I cant afford the risk. I dont have alot to spend on a dress as it is, let alone do I want to but still. Let me know if theirs anything else you want to know. Thanks again!

mustangtiff21 Guest

I am also hearing that they have stopped responding to others as well. I believe that the Chinese Holiday starts in Feburary around Presidents' Day.

I know that in the past that there have been some issues with some of the companies/factories and things like hurricanes, etc. I have not heard if this type of disaster related thing has been an issue for any company at this time.

They have not yet responded back to my email either. I will let you all know if they do or if I hear anything else.

I think people have been wise in the steps they have taken so far.

I may have said it before here but I do have very inconsistent reports regarding the quality of dresses from them. Even following them on ebay myself for more then a year now I have seen many great feedback reports and others that are of concern. Their prices were so low it was not a huge risk issue compared to others, but for many the time issue was more of a concern. Still, when it comes to money we like to keep the risk as low as possible.

I am just guessing here but this could be some sort of tech issue in what ever area they are in as well. Even if they are in a more industrialized area.

marla3 Guest

I am new to this board and have been following this 1koo "vanishing act" problem and was wondering if any of you had heard back from them. I ask b/c I am also interested in ordering a gown from them, but I am reluctant to do so b/c some of you are experiencing problems. Does anyone know of any other good china gown retailer?

I would not order from them right now and am not sure if it is even possible to order from them right now.

I would go with www.Juliusbridal.com , but they are on the pricer end or the ebay china companies, but work out of NYC and place the orders with factories in China. Also try and see if Cinderella's Bridal is active on ebay right now. They do disapear off ebay from time to time when they are at their limit of orders they can fill (much better then taking orders one can't fill!). Also go the the ebay China thread on the wedding Channel. There are a coupl of other companies mentioned on the last couple of pages.

Please keep in mind that the Chinese New year is coming up in Feburary. Many factories will close down for two weeks or so and communication may be limites or slow during that time. In China many workers travel back home to the contryside villages to there families and only see them one a year during this time period, this sometimes includes husbands and wives seeing each other and their children. (PBS had been showing specials in the current transformation of China nad the effects on the people).

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast