Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Chelee33 Guest

Default RE: Ebay China Gowns

Yes, please keep us up to date on 1koo. I am very interested in them. I don't need to order a dress for another 6 months now. Just getting started early! I'll check out the other China dress pages for now!

pupdog Guest

Glad to hear it here about 1koo. It's the only place I've seen SEVERAL gowns that I like (I HATE TRAINS!!!) via their 'beach wedding' category. I'll check out Cinderella's.

So, can someone explain to me how it all works? I haven't seen squat about sizing on any of the sites. Custom doodads?

pupdog Guest

OOP, never mind. I just checked out Cinderella's ebay store, and it's VERY clear! Thanks, I didn't know about Cinderella until I came here. Great stuff! I asked if they could do one without the train.

Steelie232 Guest

Any recent info on the 1koo website? I just bought the book and was ten seconds from odering when i decided to check the forum. They're website still appears to be functional. Also I was wondering which of the online shops had the fastest shipping, I have a 1month old and need as much time as possible to lose the baby weight, wedding date is Sept. 8th 2007.
    Thanks so much!

I would email them first and see if you get a response before trying to place an order. I believe that the Chinese New Year is starting right about now and this will be a problem with ordering for many companies.

This is their biggest holiday. Many factory workers come from rural farm areas or other cities and come to work and live in company dormatories. They often only are able to travel home to see their families, sometimes including sposes and children being raised by grandparents at this time. They tend to stay for two weeks to a month. PBS did a good program on this way of life.

On our end it means that a lot of the factories temeprarly either close down or are on a skelition crew right about now (the date changes each year) Responses may be slow. They are not ignoring you it is just the timing. If the wedding is a logn time away it should not be too much of a problem.

On measuring... email me for some tips on it @ [email protected] . This is a key area. If you mess it up, you will not be happy and it will not really be their fault.

qwickone Guest

I bought my dress from ebay seller jeffliu8000. I was really happy with the dress I got. It does NOT look like the picture, but like it was based on the picture, which i was expecting and so I was happy with what I got. The dress that was pictured was an Eve of Milady $5000 dress, what I got was a knock off for $300. I did do extensive shopping in dress shops before I checked it out online. If i had to guess how much the dress I got had I bought it in a shop, I would guess 1200 - 1500, so it's avery good value. Also, it's tailored so I need minor alterations (my fault for not measuring well), so I'm sure I saved there too. Communication was great and she is very eager to help if there are any disputes. And the dress comes with zipper only. I asked her to add buttons, which she did, but they are fake buttons (only for show, zipper still there). This is better in my opinion because it's easier to put on. Just my 2 cents!

Glad to hear it worked out well for you.

Would you mind emailing me pics to me at [email protected]

qwickone Guest

I actually havent taken any pics in the dress and it's at my mom's house two hours away, so I dont have easy access to it.

Another thing I forgot to mention is there's no crinoline (sp?) inside the dress, so mine looked a little weird until I got some (my dress was a full ballgown, so it NEEDS crinoline). That can run upwards of $300 some places, but I'm sure it can be found for less elsewhere (I got my petticoat from someone that was recently married).

Well, when you do I would still love to see them!

I see a lot od the crinolines on ebay and craigslist. Many ebay China companies will include one for an extra fee if it is not already included. It is best to inquire before one orders to avoid extra shipping and handeling charges.

Sisioge Guest

Hello,
    I'm new to this site and I was interested in your review on Cinderlla Bridals. They're also known as millybridals.com. I've sent sveral emails to them asking questions before ordering but I haven't been able to get a response. Maybe it's because I contacted them via their website.

I am happy you were satisfied with your dress. Did your dress come bustled? Or did you have to request for that? Did you dress come in a protective covering? I'm asking because my wedding is miles away and I need to knw the kind of package they use.

Thanks in advance.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast