Ataraxic Guest

Default Any experience with online custom or copy dress designers?

Hi all!

I have a couple of online seamstresses who are saying they can make me a copy of a Jenny Lee dress... I just don't know about this. I spoke to a wedding dress maker in my hometown who said that my dress would be hard to copy, and spendy. The two who I am wondering about are www.shananicole.com and www.fairytaleweddingsandbridal.com . Has anyone had any experience with either of them? They both sent me pictures of dresses they had copied, and it looked like they did a great job with them.

Thanks in Advance,
    Ataraxic

Default RE: Any experience with online custom or copy dress designers?

I do not know anything about those companies but you may want to check out these two threads on the WC. I started one of them and am monitoring Ebay China dress that other brides are ordering in hopes of ordering one myself one day.

http://boards.weddingchannel.com/thr...hreadID=506452

http://boards.weddingchannel.com/thr...hreadID=510570

Ataraxic Guest

Howdy,

I read the entire thread! It does make me feel a little better knowing that alot of people who's dresses are being made in china are very happy with them. I ended up ordering a replica from Shana Nicole & Associates... they have a "designer" in the states, but their actually dresses are made "somewhere else". I'm sure in China. Shana has been excellent with returning my emails and answering all of my concerns. I'm paying alot more than what people on ebay are paying for dresses from China, but I also have a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

I am nervous, but all in all I think that things will turn out great. My dress should be finished and in my hands within a month, so I will let people know how it goes.

I have a few friends who are interested in having custom dresses made for them, so I'll forward on the ebay information.

Ataraxic

Sorry, I missed your post for a while. Yup, my thread over there is really taking off! We would welcome you and your friends to post, especially pictures and anything you learn. We are always looking for more feedback.

We are also not in direct contact with company rep from Julius Bridal. They sub contract to a factory in China, but are based in the states. Yes, they too charge a bit more then the ones working directly out of China.

Janine

Default Custom Dresses, Copycat Dresses

There is a great website that I use to get custom dresses. http://www.copycatfashions.com You just send them pictures or links to websites and they will copy the dress 30-50% of retail price. Very high quality, all clothing is made in NYC.

We are also not in direct contact with company rep from Julius Bridal. They sub contract to a factory in China, but are based in the states. Yes, they too charge a bit more then the ones working directly out of China.