Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    micarter Guest

Default Runaway Bride: Bridesave closes

I just got this from Bridesave!?!??!?

"We regret to inform you that we have closed our business. Since 1999,
    BrideSave has faithfully served thousands of brides and their wedding
    parties. We extend our sincerest apology.

We cannot fill your order."

Not sure what I'm supposed to do. I called the gown manufacturer and I am waiting to hear back.

jrhill Guest

Default RE: Bridesave closes

My fiancee and I have found the dress we had ordered from the manufacturer with little to no difficulty - she's driving out to see it today, in fact. What we were more concerned with at this point, since our wedding is 8 months away, is getting our money back.

When I ordered and paid for the dress, we miscommunicated, and I used my Check Card to order the dress instead of my Credit Card. When my fiancee found out, she admonished me that I should've used my Credit Card, but BrideSave was reputable, so we didn't have much to worry about.

Imagine our surprise when we got the email saying they were going under.

So, she did the necessary research on how to get her dress, and I started figuring out how we could get our money back. I have a Visa Check Card and Visa Credit Card through my bank (Wells Fargo). It turns out that the Check Card is covered by the same "Zero Liability" policy as their credit card, for situations of fraud and disputed claims.

I have filed such a claim through my bank, and they have begun the process. I will post an update as events warrant, but I just wanted to let people know that if anyone used a check card, there may be an option easier than contacting an attorney.

micarter Guest

Just an update- I got my dress yesterday and it's beautiful! Best Wishes to all those in the same position. Call the dress company directly. Venus couldn't have been nicer.

ptch3456 Guest

>Does anyone know if their store-front in Texas is still open,
    >or did that close too?

Yes... the entire storefront and shipping operation has been closed. In fact, the locks have been changed by the landlord, and there is a notice on each door stating that they have seized all of the contents to secure rent.

There is a substantial amount of inventory visible on the storefront side - hundreds if not thousands of gowns. Very odd.

Obviously, there were major financial issues - since I am VERY familiar with rent rates here, it was no more than 9K per month - chump change for the amount of sales.

I also saw personal and office items being placed into a couple of vehicles the day before the lockout, which was immediately after the "closure" email, so they were aware of it.

I'm sure there are greater issues, cause I can't believe rent was the issue. In any event, I for one am shocked!

lilkate Guest

I was able to get my money credited back to my card--the company sent over some forms looking for specific reasons about the refund, but I guess if one good thing comes from this, bridesave included everything the credit card needed in their e-mail.

Believe it or not, Maggie Sottero was actually pretty helpful too. They had no idea that bridesave was going out of business, and they had to deal with a LOT of upset brides. So--if you're in talks with them or any other bride manufacturer...please be nice, no matter how upset you are. It is not their fault that this happened.

I've also been combing the news for reasons why bridesave closed--and it seems the that the retail business, the Texas commerce offices, and the online retail watchers are just as stunned as we all were.

Sigh.

eskimo Guest

IF you end up having to hire an attorney - beware - one of the owners is an attorney and does not play fair on any ground. As an employer, he fires the employees right before they become eligible for benefits or does not reimburse expenses that are company related or do anything by contract so that he is not bound to uphold it.

mcgeever Guest

Default Bridesave.com

Hello,

I'm a producer with WCBS-TV in NY working on a consumer story about buying bridal gowns online. If you live in the NY/NJ/CT/Mass or Penn area and put money down on a dress with Bridesave.com and don't know what to do now, can you please get in touch with me.

Thanks for your time,
    Mary McGeever
    [email protected]
    212-975-5623

jinjguo Guest

Default RE: Runaway Bride: Bridesave closes

Hi all, I was looking at www.kanacca.com. And some of those dresses are just beautiful!! I already found 3 I really like. I was just wondering if anyone has bought one of these "china dresses" I also sent an email to find out the price of a dress I want made. I can't wait to see what the price would be...I'm just a little weary of the cheap prices and wonder if the work is cheap or the material is cheap as well. I guess for those prices it's a risk but I think it's worth it.
    Any help would be great! Are there other companies like this??
    Thanks,
    Jinjguo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2