Default RE: Bridesave closed, Pearls & RK won't help.

Just an fyi: RK does not not carry Sottero---it's NOT that they don't want to help! And while Pearls does carry Sottero, Sottero FORBIDS retailers to ship dresses internationally (I belive you are outside the US).

For Sottero dresses, I would dispute your credit card charge, get your money back and re-order the dress from another source in your home country.

Alan & Denise
    authors, BRIDAL BARGAINS

micarter Guest

I contacted my dress manufacturer (Venus) and they sent out my dress. Actually my mother called a little bit ago and said it's at her house, got there today. So hopefully it will be OK, I'm going over there tonight. I would try to call Maggie Sottero, did Bridesave send you the contact info? Also, call your credit card company to get your deposit back. Mine is processing right now.

bellejazz Guest

Default Bridesave closed, Pearls & RK won't help.

I am a Bride who had been burnt by Bridesave. I paid a $530.00 deposit on a Maggie Sottero gown 3 months ago. As suggested on here I contacted Pearls Place & RK bridal for help but neither of them will help me.

What a I meant to do now?

>Just an fyi: RK does not not carry Sottero---it's NOT that
    >they don't want to help! And while Pearls does carry Sottero,
    >Sottero FORBIDS retailers to ship dresses internationally (I
    >belive you are outside the US).
    >
    >For Sottero dresses, I would dispute your credit card charge,
    >get your money back and re-order the dress from another source
    >in your home country.
    >
    >Alan & Denise
    >authors, BRIDAL BARGAINS

I believe that only changed about July 15, which means that she was within the time period permitted for orders from outside the US. Maggie Sottero bridals should honour that. It is not the bride's fault that Bridesave went belly up... and Bridesave stated clearly prior to the policy being in place what Maggie's new rules were. They wouldn't accept a payment from someone out of country past July 15th.

I hope it all worked out for you! Please let us know!

bellejazz Guest

Unfortunately no, it didn't work out for me.

When first contacted Suzanne the Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Maggie Sottero she told me Bridesave never put my order in, I emailed a few more times very upset and then she told me that if I told her what CITY I lived in she would be able to help me by putting me in touch with an authorised retailer where I could get my dress. I explained that I was in the middle of the Australian outback and my nearest MS retailer was 900 miles away which is why I ordered online initially. Then I called the main MS retailer in Sydney Australia who took all the details then called me back saying they could have my dress for me in ONE WEEK but that instead of the $1400.00 ($1,078 + $150.00 shipping + $150.00 import taxes) it would have cost me from Bridesave they wanted me to pay $1800.00 + $150 shipping + a $150 RUSH FEE (a total of $2100.00) for a dress already made and sitting in the warehouse in UTAH!!!.

My H2B put his foot down, he said it was extortion, and too much to pay for a wedding dress.

So I don't have my beautiful dress and I cry every time I think about it. This has really put a dampener on my wedding, it has taken the joy out of the experience and I just can't be bothered now.

So a warning to all Brides:

MAGGIE SOTTERO DOES NOT GIVE A FIG ABOUT US - THE BRIDES - THE PEOPLE LINING THEIR POCKETS WITH OUR HARD EARNED CASH.

:(

jinjguo Guest

Hi all, I was looking at www.kanacca.com. And some of those dresses are just beautiful!! I already found 3 I really like. I was just wondering if anyone has bought one of these "china dresses" I also sent an email to find out the price of a dress I want made. I can't wait to see what the price would be...I'm just a little weary of the cheap prices and wonder if the work is cheap or the material is cheap as well. I guess for those prices it's a risk but I think it's worth it.
    Any help would be great! Are there other companies like this??
    Thanks,
    Jinjguo