Thread: House of Brides

jagorestodd Guest

Default House of Brides

I'm trying to get some information on houseofbrides.com. The website looks legitimate and the prices are amazing! I've been to a few bridal shops and have found all the gowns I'm interested in on houseofbrides.com for at least 30% off what the stores are selling for. Plus there's no S&H and no tax. Is there a catch? Anyone have any experience with this website? I know they have retail bridal shops in the Chicago area that have had multiple complaints about service filed with the BBB, but does that extend to the online service? Please help!

Loripop Guest

Default RE: House of Brides

I am having these same exact thoughts! Did you end up buying your dress at HouseofBrides.com? My wedding is in September, so I have to get moving on my dress. I'd love to buy from them but would like to hear about other brides' experiences with them first. Any help would be much appreciated!

MrsHall Guest

Hi. I too saw the houseofbrides.com and was amazed by their prices and selection. I also thought, this is too good to be true. I looked up reviews and it was nothing but negative. People complained about never getting their dresses, had difficulty getting into contact with someone, etc. Complete horror stories. I wouldn't chance it. But, I did find a website, netbride.com, that has great prices and a large selection. They seem very upfront about dates and extras on pricing. Their reviews on the internet are excellent. I put my order through a month ago, and so far the customer service has been upfront, and lots of confirmations. Look into netbride.com, and see if your dress maybe there. Good luck, and congrats!!

qwickone Guest

Thanks so much for that info, it's very helpful. Just one Q, where did you look up feedback on houseof brides and netbride?

MrsHall Guest

I googled reviews on both. There are some reviews on netbride.com on this website as well. Just type in search engine something like "House of Brides review". There's quite a bit of complaining about the flagship store as well. Hope this helps!! Take care.

DestinationRenewal Guest

Default If I may....

suggest another online store.

I am renewing my vows in Jamaica this summer and wanted something from Alfred Angelo's line.

I went to netbride.com and got a price quote. They were lower than any other site I went to. Plus they have a brick-and-mortar store as well and have no complaints on file with the BBB.

I began to price compare their quote with another store who actually came lower. I sent the quote to netbride.com and they matched it!

I ordered the dress in October. I was told it would be in by March 31, 2007...I got in in early February and it was perfect!!!

I considered HoB, but their feedback throughout the web made me leery as well. I've never seen a bad thing written about netbride.com...

Hope this helps!

Smile netbride.com

I looked at HOB first...but ended up going with www.netbride.com. My dress came in perfect condition w/tags....and cheaper than HOB and the brick and mortar store I originally tried the dress on at. Good luck!