brbgrl Guest

Default jeffliu8800 (April's Bridal on ebay)

Has anyone ordered from jeffliu recently? They told me they can make any dress from the picture, but I have heard what you get doesn't look the same? Anyone else with that experience?

did anyone ever respond to this? about to buy from them and would love more feedback...thanks!

Default Jeffliu8800

Yes, I ordered from him and my gown turned out really well. The fabric is very good quality, but the beading on the dress is only so-so and has several loose strings. It was a bit big, but I know a wonderful steamstress who did all my alterations for $70. He was great about answering my questions. Overall, I'm very happy.

Thumbs down Don't do it!

I just typed a novel on why I would be careful ordering from Jeff Liu on the China Gown thread....

The dress I got did not look like the dress I asked for. Same basic profile but not what I asked for. I ordered polka dots (maggie sottero rasharna) and I got what looked like snowflake appliques.

I was mortified! I don't think they get it that you like your dress for specific reasons. Polka dots say something about you and the style of your wedding, but snowflakes say Christmas....I am getting married in October.

I just wouldn't do it. Go see my post if you want more details, but I searched for the dress I wanted on google, party pop and preownedweddingdresses.com and had good luck. I got the one I wanted for $400 and it was the real thing.

So I spent $228 with Jeff and got a dress I will never wear and even if I liked the snowflakes, the dress didn't fit. It was at least 4 inches to big in the waist and I couldn't cinch the corset in any further because they didn't make it properly.

If you purchase from him, get it in writing that you get a refund if you hate the dress. He told me he would give me a refund, he lied!