JakesMom Guest

Default A Toddler/Kid Edition?

Hi Alan & Denise,

My son Jake is almost 14 months old, and all of my friends and family think I'm the Martha Stewart of motherhood, all thanks to Baby Bargains! Your book was on me at all times during my pregnancy, and I still refer to it here and there.

My suggestion would be either an expanded version of Baby Bargains, or a new edition that focuses on the next stages -- toddler/preschoolhood. Especially since as the first baby grows into big-kid stuff (ie real bed, etc.), a lot people start having more kids and wonder what can be re-used, what should be replaced, what can both kids use together.

Okay, maybe it's just me.

- Jodi

P.S. I loved the suggestion of adding tabs!!!

iloveth Guest

Default RE: A Toddler/Kid Edition?

Wow! I couldn't agree more. I loved the Baby Bargains book while I was pregnant over two years ago! It was my Bible. Most of the pages fell out and the book is all marked up. I have bought it for all of my friends who have been expecting ever since.

I referred back to the book many times after my buddy was born, but didn't find it too helpful. I think a big boy car seat was the last thing I used the book for, and that was at 5 months. Granted, a toddler version would be smaller, but it would be wonderful! Big boy beds, potties, books, toys, training pants, and I am sure there is more stuff that I haven't gotten to yet.

It's not just you...me too.

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Mar-12-01 AT 04:46PM (Mountain)[/font][p]Thanks folks! We appreciate the kind words.

Yep, we are thinking of testing the waters with toddler info. Instead of a whole new book, however, we are thinking of doing "special reports" for certain toddler topics that can be downloaded from our web page for a small fee. No, we haven't set the fee yet, but we are hoping to keep it as small as possible. The PDF special reports will feature color photos of products reviewed, something we can't do in print (for cost reasons). The first toddler special report will be on booster seats and will debut in April.

Thoughts?

Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
    BABY BARGAINS

shandrin Guest

i like it! that way it can be really current, kids just grow so fast, fortunately i keep having kids so the baby stuff still applies{he,he}

MariaMP Guest

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Mar-14-01 AT 04:17PM (Mountain)[/font][p]I agree with all of the above. Maybe include info on Outdoor play systems. Which is the safest. My son carries around mommy's book, which stays within reach for referral.

toosie Guest

Yes,

We used the book extensively and have been happy with the results. 15 months later, we're still buying stuff. I recently recommended the book to my friend, but I told her she could use all of our beginner gear (a lot of which is invaluable, but for a very short period of time) so that she could ask for the "year out" stuff if people want to know what to buy for her.

jrpostle Guest

Like the others who have posted here, I loved Baby Bargains and have given it to all of my friends who are expecting. The online updates for toddlers sound wonderful. I would certainly pay a fee to access Alan and Denise's helpful information!

However, I do believe it would be useful to somehow let parents know what items it would be useful to purchase/replace for those expecting their 2nd/3rd/Nth. child. Would it be helpful to have a double stroller? What products have changed significantly over the past years? What new products are out that weren't available in past years? You get the idea.

JakesMom Guest

I would be very happy to pay a fee to download current/new info as our babies all grow!

Also, if you need any input, product testers, etc. let me know!

Thanks for listening,
    Jodi in Chicago