Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    KathyO Guest

Default RE: Pregnancy tests and OPK's

Another aspect to consider... I bet that the majority of your readers are first-time parents, and lots (possibly most) of us plan to get pregnant again at least once, so pregnancy tests and OPKs do come in handy. The first baby was easy to come by, but I'm already in my late thirties, so the second may require a little more jockeying...

Cheers,

KathyO
    Who recommends the two-tests-in-a-kit pregnancy tests, as a natural response to the father-to-be's question, "Are you SURE???"

luvbeinmama Guest

Hee Hee Hee! Yes, I like buying more than one pregnancy test at a time. I don't ovulate or cycle regularly and there have been times when I've done a test "just to see", because I was feeling a bit tender or whatever. AND it's great to have one on hand when you really do need it. No, I've never had my husband ask "Are you SURE??" He knows better!

ScrapNancy Guest

I second this request for info on OPK's and Pregnancy Tests!

I bought my first copy of Baby Bargains when my sister-in-law was pregnant 2 years ago. Then when I started undergoing fertility treatment, I bought the new edition. I don't even want to consider how much money we have spent on OPK's and pregnancy tests in 7 cycles of trying with Clomid. I'd love to have an expert opinion on what's the best value!

Nancy

Yes! "Taking Charge of your Fertility" (Toni Weschler) and "Getting Pregnant" by (Niels H. Lauersen, M.D. & Colette Bouchez) are great. Also, use the website www.fertilityfriend.com. All you have to do is take your temperature (and if you wnat to be be more accurate enter in some other "physical signs" such as cervical position, discharge, etc.) and the site will make and store your fertility charts online! It even gives you green light signals (try to make a baby day!) Yellow (possibly fertile) and red (don't bother) days. It also gives great advice and counseling from other DR's and women to get pregnant. Several chatboards as well. I think the basic services are free, but specialized (bonus features) cost like $8 a month (cheaper than OPK at the drug store, plus better!) This site helped me to get pregnant with our little gift du in August. It took a year because I had a luteal phase defect (which the website diagnosed correctly be the way!) and too much build up of Norplant & BCP drugs in my system (go figure, I tried for 10 years not to get pregnant, only to kick myself after being married for 6 years and unable to get pregnant for what seemed like an eternity!) Also, the pregnancy test First Response (?) that says it predicts 3-4 days before you miss a period really works! I took the test 3 days before my period was due, and there were those 2 bright pink lines! HOORAY!
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

Kristine Guest

I'm also a big fan of the "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" book. It was recommended to me and I thoroughly enjoyed all of the knowledge I derived from the book. I charted for one month and then the second month of charting I tried to get pregnant and voila! I knew within days and was able to take a pregnancy test just in time for an overseas trip. I know this is different for everybody, but with this book you have a lot of control and empowerment over what's going on in your body and I shall never part with my copy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2