trumansmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Nursing clothes and bras

I love the book, but have found a difficult time finding quality, attractive nursing clothes. Any ideas of some good websites?

KathyO Guest

Default RE: Nursing clothes and bras

Check out www.onehotmama.com. Haven't bought any of their stuff (got most of mine as loaners) but they do look good!

KathyO

raynjen Guest

I agree, my local maternity stores usually carry only a single rack of unattractive overpriced nursing clothes. The saleslady at one of them told me I should go online to a competitor! I find online is not an option because the sizing and fabrics vary so much. I have in my closet right now two medium 100% cotton shirts right now that I received as gifts and can't wear. Both are too itchy (how do you make cotton itchy?) and one is too big while the other is way too small. There has got to be a better way!
    Jen

KathyO Guest

If you sew at all, or have a friend/relative who does, or can even contract a local seamstress, check out www.borntolove.com, and click on "Nursing Patterns". Bypass the weird, fouffy, narrow-waisted dresses (what were they thinking?) and go to the "Sewfast Nursing Shirt Pattern" (the links to the other patterns are sorta hidden, in small print underneath the blue page header).

It's a really REALLY easy pattern (take it from someone who flunked home ec. in school), and that way you get to choose a fabric you like, in a colour you like, at a length you like, for way less $$! And you can tailor it a bit so that it's not so tent-like. It can be done as longsleeved, short-sleeved, tank top or dress, with a variety of collars. A few decorative accents can spice it up quite a bit.

Just a thought!

KathyO