Melaniee Guest

Default advertising in your signature

Is this permitted? I saw one that was an advertisment...and personally I'd rather this board not go SPAM, but I wasn't sure what your policies were.

Default RE: advertising in your signature

No, that is not permitted. Let us know the post/user and we'll ask them to stop.

--
    Alan & Denise Fields, authors
    BABY BARGAINS * TODDLER BARGAINS * BRIDAL BARGAINS * CYBERBRIDE * YOUR NEW HOUSE

mama2be Guest

With that said I think I'd rather know someone is a business owner so I take their words of advice with that in mind. I mean if I made diapers and pushed my brand that shouldn't be allowed I don't think...but by making it clear that I make diapers I feel that "out in the open" so if I start giving unsolicited or pushy advice I can get dealt with from there...

I don't know if that makes sense...but that incident before where there was apushy sales gal who gave huge schpiels about products while "pretending" she was not affiliated erked me alot more than a WAHM particiapting on the boards and jsut not shoving their product down our throat every second...

I actually think their company name in the signiture line makes them behave if that makes sense...and then if they don't I'd deal with it from there...

Edited to add...do I have to say I don't make diapers :)...that was just an example :)...

I hear you Neve---well, this is a judgement call we'll have to make on a case by case basis.

--
    Alan & Denise Fields, authors
    BABY BARGAINS * TODDLER BARGAINS * BRIDAL BARGAINS * CYBERBRIDE * YOUR NEW HOUSE

Kate888 Guest

I really enjoy this board because it's SPAM and advertisement free :) Although the business owner may not push their products in the post, it's still advertising in some way.

It's really hard to find a board that's this refreshing! Thanks Denise and Alan!

Kate
    Mama to Maya 2-17-02

What tends to happen on boards that allow advertising in signatures is that you get people who post just to see their ad, so you end up with a lot of "I totally agree" or "me too" type of posts. That can get annoying.

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
    Logan Elizabeth Mar 03
    ...Karen
    ds 1991
    dd 2003
    dd 2008 now home from Taiwan!

Melaniee Guest

now I will just have to remember where I saw it!

Was the user you're thinking of "bubblegum"? Her signature is the following:

~ (link to her website)
    Unique gifts and accessories for women and children
    Check out our custom diaper bags and handbags!

Yes, that would be an example of an inappropriate signature "ad"---we have asked that user to stop that.

Alan & Denise