Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    momga Guest

Default advertising AGAIN

ok...i just read these every once in a while but, I remember someone advertising the sherpea bag so, when i saw every diaperbag comment or question being answered with the sheprera bag AGAIN I did a search on board baby as the author, and all of them are for that bag, except for a couple.

Just my guess! :o

Default RE: advertising AGAIN

Which thread is that? We'll check into it.

(Please post a link to a sample thread that has this).

Alan & Denise
    authors, BABY BARGAINS

Alan and Denise-

Just do an author search for "Board Baby" and you will find them. I was able to find the threads before by doing the search, but I just did it and nothing came up (unless you deleted them already).

-m
    Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04

mama2be Guest

This is why I'd prefer these people actually fess up and admit they are the owners of a company etc...I for one feel like they should be able to answer our questions without pushing their products...BUT when they are not honest with who they are that is where the problems come in. So I'd welcome their names and knowing they own a company BUT the false behavior of acting like a "common" board member erks me...

I'd rather know who they are so I take their advice with that in mind...

KMommie Guest

I actually BOUGHT one and found out afterwards about this. When the owner of the company contacted me for a testimonial, I told her it was NOT okay to use the boards to advertise like that! And NO she couldn't have a testimonial. She got a little testy with me, claimed that the Fields had it all wrong. I felt like such a naive consumer, the reason why I started reading the Field's books and lurking on these boards, was to be an informed consumer. Ah, well, there's one born every minute and I guess I'm it!

Jeannie
    mommy to Kiki 4/18/03

I'm sorry to hear this. Let's state our policy: ADS are NOT allowed on the board. Anyone posing as a parent to spam the boards is not allowed. FYI: We have removed "Board Baby" from these boards for violating this policy.

Now, it is OK for a company to ask their customers to post their experiences about a product on our board. Especially if this in response to a question, as it is always helpful to have "real world" experience with a product. Yes, there is a fine line here---we don't want any company to flood the board with compliments for a product. But it is OK for someone to ask for a testimonial---and for that person to request they recommend their product online.

Does that make sense?

--
    Alan & Denise Fields, authors
    BABY BARGAINS * BABY 411 * TODDLER BARGAINS * BRIDAL BARGAINS * CYBERBRIDE * YOUR NEW HOUSE
    Web: www.windsorpeak.com.
    Email: [email protected]
    Phone: 303-442-8792
    Address: Windsor Peak Press, 436 Pine Street, Boulder, CO 80302

--
    We have a brand new book for parents! It's called Baby 411---think of it as the ultimate FAQ for new moms and dads! Check it out here: http://www.Baby411.com

Is it okay for someone's business website address to be his or her user name? I saw this recently and it struck me as odd.
    Mommy to Justin (13 years) & Ashlyn (8 years)

Yes, that is OK as long as it isn't a long ad for a product. Hence this would be ok:

Joe Blow
    Child Craft Cribs
    www.childcraftind.com

But this would not:

Joe Blow
    President, Joe Blow Industries
    Maker of the New Joe Blow Sling Toaster!
    Buy my newest baby product---a combo sling and toaster! Go to BuyMyThing.com to get a special discount and read more about it!
    Available at Wal-Mart!

Obviously, if you see something you think is inappropriate, we ALWAYS encourage board members to email us at [email protected]. We'll check it out and ask the offender to stop if it crosses the line.

That's how we see it!

Alan & Denise

mama2be Guest

I actually am one that appreciates their web address there...it reminds me of their affiliation so I can keep in mind that they are the owner vs a customer...

I am glad we don't see a schpiel of their product like Alan and Denise are saying, but a simple anouncing that you are the owner etc...in my opinion helps me...

Is it okay for them to offer a free product or a discount in return for a mention on these boards of their product?

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
    Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast