flagger Guest

Default Addendum or suggestion about the new Bargain Alert Forum

Since that thread has gotten longer, I wanted to ask this separately. I was wondering if this board software would allow an auto-pruning/deletion of messages by forum after a certain time period. If possible, it would be nice not to have to wade through messages that are six months old.

I know the content of the post should contain and expiry date, but if the message was no longer there, it would be helpful as well.

Just a thought.

Thanks,

cara1 Guest

Default RE: Addendum or suggestion about the new Bargains board

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but sometimes when I do a search on something, I find it helpful to read posts from over a year ago, like when I was looking for a winter coat, or shoes, or babyproofing questions. Often the info from over a year ago is still quite helpful...

flagger Guest

I meant for the coupon exchange/web code discount board. Not for the entire board itself. Sorry that was not clear. No reason for a six month old expired code to appear in a search. YKWIM?

Got it. I think we can do it---or we may have to do it manually every few months or so!

--
    Alan & Denise Fields, authors
    BABY BARGAINS * BABY 411 * TODDLER BARGAINS * BRIDAL BARGAINS * CYBERBRIDE * YOUR NEW HOUSE
    Web: www.windsorpeak.com.
    Email: [email protected]
    Phone: 303-442-8792
    Address: Windsor Peak Press, 436 Pine Street, Boulder, CO 80302

--
    We have a brand new book for parents! It's called Baby 411---think of it as the ultimate FAQ for new moms and dads! Check it out here: http://www.Baby411.com