s_gosney Guest

Default question on message appearance

I've noticed that sometimes certain threads are wider than others on my screen. Usually as I read, it all fits on the screen, but occasionally, one is wider and I have to use the scroll bar to see all of it. The most recent one I've noticed is the china pattern thread in the lounge. I was just wondering if others are experiencing this or if there's something I need to do to make this stop happening. I know it's minor, but it is a little annoying to have to scroll back and forth to read. Thanks for the help!

vikivoly Guest

Default RE: question on message appearance

I have been experiencing the same problem. I thought it was something I did.

Dyonia is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I've had the same problem... looks like an issue with text wrapping? Its nice to know its not my machine that's doing it :-)

Here too! It only happens occasionally though (like once a month) so it is not that annoying...
    Mom to R and R

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

It usually happens when someone posts a long web link. Then the window gets wider to accommodate that link. (Although sometimes long web links get text wrapped, so it doesn't happen all the time.) Just a random glitch in the forum software, no doubt!
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Rachels is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

When you post a long link, try replacing it with something shorter using www.makeashorterlink.com or www.tinyurl.com . That will keep the message readable! :)

-Rachel
    Mom to Abigail Rose
    5/18/02