luvbeinmama Guest

Default Alan & Denise... problems with picture attachments disappearing!

Posted this in the Bitching Post, but thought it might get better attn here:

I've noticed a LOT of posts recently (mine included) that had pictures attached and they disappeared (missing attachment message) within hours! And then the author is having to re-post the picture. Is anyone else noticing this problem?

amp Guest

Default RE: Alan & Denise... problems with picture attachments disappearing!

I know other have been noticing this as well, so I wanted to bump it up, hoping the Fields' will see it.

Also, I noticed that when I posted an attachment myself, it told me I had too much (big and too many) files attached and that I needed to delete one. I hadn't attached 2 files, so I deleted the one that didn't match my attachment. Then, when I looked at that post again, the post I replied to had lost it's attachment. I wonder if that's the one I deleted inadvertantly?! This might be what's happening to others also. I won't do that again, but will find a way to reply without deleting another attachment.

mom2kandj Guest

This happened to me when I tried to reply to a post. I did not add my attachment. To add my attachment without deleting the other pic I had to reply to my own post. HTH!

Rose
    mom 2 Katie (34 months)
    & Jack (18 months)

Hi folks. Well, sorry about that---we can manage user uploaded files here from an admin panel. So if this happens to you, email us (see the contact us button) and we'll look into what went wrong. I believe there is a limit on total bytes you can upload, so we can adjus that on a case by case basis (this is a safety valve to prevent the bandwidth from being overwhelmed).

Thanks,
    Alan & Denise

is that limit per person, or per thread?

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
    Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

Okay, we've upped the maximum upload to 2 MB (we believe that is total for a user, not per upload). We've also upped the number of files uploaded per post to 10. So let's see if that works.

Again, if you have a problem, email us off the boards and we'll look into your specific account to see what's up!

--
    Alan & Denise Fields, authors
    BABY BARGAINS * BABY 411 * TODDLER BARGAINS * BRIDAL BARGAINS * CYBERBRIDE * YOUR NEW HOUSE
    Web: www.windsorpeak.com.
    Email: [email protected]
    Phone: 303-442-8792
    Address: Windsor Peak Press, 436 Pine Street, Boulder, CO 80302