Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    ddmarsh Guest

Default RE: Mommy's Own and Daddy's Own

I agree with something Rachel has said previously - I find this to be more of a personality issue than one of gender.

I personally could care less whether or not there would be a mommy/daddy only forum and for the life of me cannot imagine why you would care or have even the most remote interest in reading anything involving female issues. It would seem, as you referenced above, that you would have better things to do with your time.

C99 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I don't believe in this case it's a difference of how men and women communicate. It really is your posting style. I feel somewhat qualified to say this because when I first participated in online communities (in 1998, so obviously not this particular one), I had a very similar posting style. I liked to debate and I liked to poke holes in people's arguments, but I've since learned that there are ways to do this without getting everyone's knickers in a twist. It's possible to be direct without going on the attack. That's all I wanted to say.
    Caroline, mama to DS 01/03, DD 05/05, DS 04/07
    http://littleshoulders.blogspot.com
    "Now that you're here, the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear. UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -- Dr. Seuss

We appreciate the suggestion, but as folks have noted, it is not practical for us to set up mom and dad only boards. There would be no way to verify the gender of the poster; we agree there are different styles of communcation, but setting up separate boards is probably not the realistic solution!

Thanks,
    Alan & Denise
    authors

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4