Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    VAmomof2 Guest

Default RE: Best specialty stores

We have lived in both a rural area where shopping was limited, and now in a major metro market. The addition of a section that highlighted the best specialty stores in the US would be a great addition to your book. As for the argument that there might not be a baby specialty store in every town- I don't think that was the posters intent. It was to highlight the cream of the crop when it comes to size and service. If you live near one,great. I do not live close to a BRU! If it was an issue to only review products that are sold at BRU and Baby Depot-both have deplorable service- then logically a large percentage of the products in your book would have to be eliminated. I was surprised at the other posting that showed all the manufacturers that only sold to baby specialty stores. Luckily we had the ability to buy some of those.
    Thanks

Default RE: Best specialty stores

I could go either way on this one. Most of us who visit this site will locate the product we want if we really want it. I've travelled all over creation tracking down high chairs, strollers and tables and chairs. However, I think that if you did highlight independents, it would make sense to not just do so in the largest metropolitan areas, but to identify those that are really above average (regardless of location) in product selection/quality and service. For example, there's a store in Maryland owned by 2 women that's often mentioned regarding the Mountain Buggy (the name is escaping me right now). They provide exceptional service apparently, so people like going there. I've gone to Babyland in Pittsburgh, PA several times. It's not an attractive store, but they have tons of high-end, non-mass-market baby items and run great sales. The sales staff is friendly and familiar with the items they carry and willing to call the companies to find out more information if you need them too. I think if you were going to do this, you would probably have to rely on readers/message board users to provide you with names and experiences.
    Mommy to Justin (13 years) & Ashlyn (8 years)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2