Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    jen2 Guest

Default RE: Not enough product recommendations

Bc I think you are adorable people for the books you've already put out, I'll stick my neck out and dissuade you from publishing a buyers' guide. For one, newbies might buy the BG instead of BB because it's cheaper, when really what they need is the sound advice in BB. Secondly, as someone pointed out, it's virtually impossible to keep up with ALL the products that come out all the time, and you would be hard-pressed to come up with something that seems complete and thorough, which consumers will feel entitled to expect.

I looked at the Consumer Reports guide, and while it was interesting, I didn't think it was worth purchasing and found the BBB i bought a zillion times more useful.

I'd far rather see you put your time and effort into better and better editions of BBB (although I think the 5th edition is fantastic!)...

You can please some people some of the time but you can't please all people all of the time... :)

jen2

sntm is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Not enough product recommendations

how about a way to register to get the buyer's guide? oh, i can't think of how, right now, but some way that you would have to have bought the book first to qualify for the buyer's guide?
    either way, i love the books.
    and i did buy the wedding bargains one twice :)!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    shannon
    not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
    trying-to-conceive :)
    PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
    mama to Jack 6/6/03

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2