luvbeinmama Guest

Default search feature... can you fix this?

I just tried doing an advanced search for "ants" because I know it's been discussed in the lounge before and I'm having a little problem with them at home. The problem is I came up with over 5000 hits!!!! I think it found not just the word "ants" but every word that contains "ants" like accountants, rants, etc. So it is not looking for whole complete words, just instances of a certain chain of letters. I was wondering why I would get some threads when looking for stuff in the past, and I think this is probably it. Could you have it changed so it looks for a complete word you type in instead?

TIA!

Default RE: search feature... can you fix this?

Never mind, my suggestion didn't work.
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

We're kind of stuck with the search engine, as it is something we can't modify from our end. But we will put in a request with the programmer to "enhance" that.

Wish we had better news,
    alan & denise
    authors

hellosmiletoday Guest

Just saw your post and here's a site I have bookmarked

http://www.thebestcontrol.com/bugstop/control_list.htm

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboar...0342&mode=full

I'm also having a bit of an ant problem...no matter how much I wipe the floor and the counters its pretty hard to control b/c the ants are attracted to DD's spit-up...e.g. her toys, her mat...I even saw them in DH's hamper -- he had thrown a shirt of his with milk and did not tell me about it! We live in a 70 yr old house so there are way too many cracks! So far we've tried peppermint oil in DD's room and some Combat Ant gel (comes in a syringe), and that has helped alot...You have to wait a week so hopefully by the end of the week they will be gone!

Mommy to baby girl 5.8.04