Default pinned instructions on how to search

Alan and Denise, can you get someone to write instructions on how to search and then post it in every forum and pin it to the top?

The same questions seem to come up over and over again, and I know people sometimes don't respond because they just answered it. If people knew how to search, they would get a lot more information at their fingertips.

Because the search is not intuitive (meaning it's hard to figure out and hard to use and the defaults are not set up in the way most people would want to use it) and because it is not easy to find the search function, I have a feeling that it is not used very much.

The instructions would need to be well written. If the same people who designed the search write the instructions, they will be useless.

...Karen
    DS Jake Feb 91, DD Logan Mar 03
    http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/superpower.gif http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/bo...breastfed2.gif

tippy Guest

Default RE: pinned instructions on how to search

LOL! Karen, I was always too embarrassed to ask.
    I thought it was just me. Really! I'm relieved to know I am not a total moron.

Thanks for bringing this up.

jubilee Guest

double post....

jubilee Guest

This is a great idea Karen! I use the search feature all the time and agree it is not very user-friendly. Hopefully someone could take the time to write great instructions and list the most common search topics per forum. I don't think I'd do a good enough job, or I'd volunteer. Who is our detail-oriented expert in each forum? Maybe put a call out in each forum or the lounge.

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We've asked Alan and Denise to do this before and I agree that it still needs to be done. There is a ton of info on these boards and people DO ignore posts that ask the same questions that were asked last week and the week before and so on.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

mharling Guest

I think this is a great idea.

Alan & Denise - If this is something you'd like to pursue, I would be more than happy to take a stab at putting instructions together. Just let me know.

Mary
    Lane - April 2003
    Little brother or sister on the way - EDD March 2