kcampo Guest

Default Please Do a Full Review of bath tubs

I think I've read the last 4 editions of your book. The first time was when I was trying to conceive, then again each time I became pregnant. I have tried to make wise purchases based on your recommendations and those from the message boards. One area that seems to be lacking is baby bath tubs. Nearly every Mom I've talked to gets one. With a price tag averaging $20, they make excellent shower gifts and you're guaranteed to get one. So why only devote half a page? I did a small search before sitting down to write this and found there are at least 12 on the market. It seems that people have some pretty strong opinions about them as well. I hated the tub I picked for my first son born 2001. The First Year's 4 Stage Bath System actually caused scrapes on his delicate newborn skin. As a first time Mom, I was horrified that this seemingly innocent item could cause such discomfort and pain. As I recall, it was the one of the few items I chose without your help. I know this current edition recommends 2 tubs, however, I think a full review would be helpful. Check out Amazon. Some of the reviews on certain tubs number in the 800's! People need to know what is out there and to choose wisely, even if its only a $25 dollar purchase. Thanks for your consideration and providing great resources.

Default RE: Please Do a Full Review of bath tubs

Wow, four editions! We owe you lunch!

Good point---we should expand that. Thanks for those thoughts.

Best wishes,
    --
    Alan & Denise Fields, authors
    BABY BARGAINS * BABY 411 * TODDLER BARGAINS * BRIDAL BARGAINS * CYBERBRIDE * YOUR NEW HOUSE
    Web: www.windsorpeak.com.
    Email: [email protected]
    Phone: 303-442-8792
    Address: Windsor Peak Press, 436 Pine Street, Boulder, CO 80302

--
    The readers speak! Check out our new message boards for our books at:
    http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php

--
    We have a brand new book for parents! It's called Baby 411---think of it as the ultimate FAQ for new moms and dads! Check it out here: http://www.Baby411.com

baronbride Guest

In the last year I bought the most recent editions of both Bridal Bargains and Baby Bargains (it's been a busy year). They have been very helpful to myself and my husband as we try to get the best for our limited cash-flow.

I'm currently expecting our first child, and I found that a few sections were somewhat lacking. Bouncers, swings, gyms, and stationary centers (walkers without wheels, as my mom says) were all undercovered. I have found a wide range of products for each of these, and the reviews (if listed online) are somewhat skimpy. Could you please include a somewhat expanded review of them in the next edition of Baby Bargains? Thanks so much for your help!

Yep, we could do a better job with those categories---we will try to expand that for the next edition! Bets wishes,
    --
    Alan & Denise Fields, authors
    BABY BARGAINS * BABY 411 * TODDLER BARGAINS

--
    We have a brand new book for parents! It's called Baby 411---think of it as the ultimate FAQ for new moms and dads! Check it out here: http://www.Baby411.com

jubilee Guest

don't forget the moms on this board have lots of experience with these items too! If you post a question or do a search regarding these items in the Around the House forum hopefully you will get the answers you seek :)