anamika is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Many thanks and a suggestion

Hi Alan and Denise,
    This is long overdue but I just wanted to thank you for setting up this wonderful board where parents of all persuasions are welcomed - bottle feeders, breast feeders, baby wearers, stroller lovers, CIOers, APers, bargain hunters and big spenders......... I think it's rare to find a board where all parenting philosophies are given equal opportunity to be discussed.
    That said, I did have a suggestion - I think a forum dealing solely with travel and vacation tips, ideas and all the other minutiae of travelling (esp with kids), would be very useful. I always see many questions relating to travel and also people looking for vacation ideas appropriate for their DC's age.
    I'm travelling with my DD to India in a few weeks and my burning question right now is how I'm going to manage the carseat/stroller with 3 suitcases and 3 carry-ons. Somehow this seems too trivial to warrant a post in the Lounge but would fit right into a travel forum :)
    Thanks for listening,
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Default RE: Many thanks and a suggestion

Hi! Thanks for kind words---glad you are enjoying our online community.

We do have two forums in the TODDLER BARGAINS area of our boards on vacations:

This one is for Disney vacations:
    http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboar...opics&forum=51

This other forum is for all family vacations and travel tips except Disney:
    http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboar...opics&forum=52

Hope those help!

Alan & Denise
    authors