Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mldflygirl Guest

Default CLEANING forum??

I know I haven't been a BBB member for very long (I was a lurker for a long time!!), but I think a "Cleaning" forum would be great. There are so many cleaning issues: how to get stains or smells out of clothes or linens, kitchen messes, house-related cleaning, etc. It would be a great place for questions or for cleaning tips in general. Maybe even a sticky at the beginning of it, with cleaning FAQs or How-To's or something...

Anyway, just a thought.

tarynsmum is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: CLEANING forum??

I think this is an awesome idea! I would love a section (or sticky maybe) that included natural approaches to cleaning, and especially a stain-removing section!

Which reminds me, does anyone know how to get wedding soup out of carpet?...
    Heather, mommy to Taryn, January 16, 2006. And Baby Asher! Born February 25, 2009.

Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician in Pittsburgh PA.

Interested in wearing your baby in the Pittsburgh Area? Check out Pittsburgh Babywearers at www.pittsburghbabywearers.com!

YES, YES, YES! Great idea. I also like having an environmentally friendly section.
    Shannon

cdlamis is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

>I think this is an awesome idea! I would love a section (or
    >sticky maybe) that included natural approaches to cleaning,
    >and especially a stain-removing section!

I also agree and would love a forum for this!!

Daniella
    Mom to Julia 6/02
    and Bella 12/04

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbo...n_gold_12m.gif

jniter Guest

Agreed. I'd like to know if people have used products like Method or 7th Gen and how well they work. Are they really safer/gentler for babies?

Not much info on baby stuff on treehugger.com

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I think adding too many extra forums makes it hard to get around and hard to get answers to your questions. Posting in say, baby proofing or Toddler Bargains, renders few responses. Sounds like a really low traffic forum. I for one, have a lot of advice to lend on cleaning as it is one of my peculiar pleasures, however I can't imagine I would make a point of reading a special forum. But if I happen to see a "what will clean this" thread in the lounge, I will post if adding new info. For the odd questions I think the threads fit just fine in the existing forums. It seems like now cleaning/natural product discussion goes in the Lounge for random cleaning, Butts for diaper stains, and the feeding forum for food messes. I don't see a need to reroute that traffic. I am all for cleaning discussions in the existing forums.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

jniter Guest

Hm...true-

Perhaps a better option would be to have "common searches" built into the advanced search option?

Sometimes you are not sure what keywords to use and end up with a gazillion hits.

NOOOOOOO! Please NOOOOOO! I already feel like a slacker because I don't have scheduled days to empty the garbage, clean the bathroom, etc. (as some in posts do). A Cleaning Forum would just remind me what I should be doing versus surfing the board or ogling baby stuff online. :)

There are many web sites/bulletin boards for cleaning out there, I think flylady is one of them (is "flygirl" based on that cleaning style?). I went through a very brief period of cleaning my sink every night based on that site. My husband was very confused by that behavior!

Kimberly

trumansmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'm not sure why, but that made me LOL!!

I can assure you, my DH would be confused as well. :P

Jeanne
    Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

tarabenet is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Mine would take me in for a psych evaluation!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast