moncheechee Guest

Default A Section for New Stay at Home Moms

I would like to see resources for stay at home moms in your book. I will be a stay at home mom soon and am looking for some advice and resources to make the transition easier. Also I think you could use a Father to Be section for things especially for dads. I have been trying to find things and ways to keep my husband interested and excited about having a baby. I know you can't do it all but these are just a couple things I thought of.

Default RE: A Section for New Stay at Home Moms

Thanks for that suggestion. Any specific advice/resources you think would be helpful?

Alan & Denise
    authors

jniter Guest

I would say I'm a PT SAHM. I work part-time and am home before noon usually.

I have to say that most days...I'm just bored. Bored of the same routine. I think the stuff you buy is about the same for working or at-home moms. I guess this sort of information would go in Baby 411? I don't know...until my baby is older and can handle being up for more than 2 hours, I don't know if we can do much than short play dates and errands. I think resources for things like New Moms groups, baby and me classes, etc. will vary by location.

Maybe a discussion on things to consider when staying at home would be nice, like what to do when you actually get a break. And then a list of suggestions on where to look for support groups, play date groups, and baby and me classes? And then that really depends on how much you want to keep your baby out and about. We are pretty adamant about Owen getting enough nap time in, so I haven't bothered looking into much in terms of groups and classes. A lot of them conflict with his nap time and then in the first year, nap time is shifting a lot anyway!! I have some friends with babies the same age, and we get the dads to do a daddy play date so the ladies can have a break.

Honestly, the hospital is a great resource for classes and groups. Local organizations like Las Madres or churches might have groups too. It's so dependent on where you live though. ??

Maybe it would suffice to have a board for SAHM to vent and pass advice? Specific to SAH?

moncheechee Guest

This is like the information I am looking for. Maybe it would work better as a message board. I kinda want to know what is available for me and my baby. I don't know very many SAHM's so I want to know what activities are out there for us. Also, where to look for that information. Maybe how to form a mom's group or join one? I just want to make the most of my time at home and not just watch TV and do the normal taking care of baby stuff. Also what are some ways I could save money by being a SAHM?