HOBSON725 Guest

Default Has the Baby Dropped?

What does it feel like when the baby "drops?" I am a little over 33 weeks pregnant. For the past couple of days, I have been able to breathe easier and feel more "pressure" or pain in my back and hips. I have my dr. appt. tuesday and will mention this to her, but I wanted to ask others what they thought about it. Thank you :) :)
    ~ECH

KathyO Guest

Default RE: Has the Baby Dropped?

Sounds like the baby has dropped... do you also find that your stomach will accommodate a little more food?

My daughter also dropped into position almost two months ahead of my due date, head down and everything. I was sure that the Big Event was going to be Any Day Now... and waited, and waited....

Just be sure to get yourself checked out ASAP if your back pains start coming and going repeatedly, or you have sudden, unexplained bouts of diarrhea. My roommate in hospital thought it was just the pain from having strained her back at work. Two days later, she was in the hospital delivering her boy 6 weeks ahead of time. Everyone is just fine, but if she'd gotten checked out faster, they might have been able to delay labour.

Hang in there... and make sure you go out for dinner or a movie a few more times soon. It's good to store up some "couple time" before things get really hairy in the weeks right after birth!

Best,

Kathy

brazilmom Guest

Default RE: Has the Baby Dropped?

My baby dropped at about 32 weeks. I was able to breathe easier and my heartburn got a little bit better.
    As the baby dropped even further I began to have cramps in my inner thighs. This was very painful, sometimes I had to stop mid-step because the pain was so bad.
    But my doctor said this was all normal.
    Good luck to you!