Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    jojo2324 Guest

Default What exactly are the wives tales?

I am trying to get a general consensus when it comes to determining a baby's sex. I hear so many different things! My husband and I don't want to know, but I can't help but guess...all the time! I am thinking that we are having a boy because my tummy (7 months) is all in front. However, my belly begins right where my boobs end and slopes right on down. So I am carrying all in front and high. I have heard that boys are low, and I have seen women who are having boys whose stomachs really seem to be just a little pouch at the lower end of the tummy. I did the Chinese astrology something something chart, and that says that I am having a girl. I have yet to swing my ring around my stomach or pee into Drano (don't think I'll do that ever...who thinks of this stuff? Let's pee in Drano!). I cannot seem to keep those things straight. If the Drano fizzes, it's a boy? If the ring goes straight, it's a girl? Anybody kow for certain what the determining factors are? I just like to torture myself! Thanks! :)

m2tandk Guest

Default RE: What exactly are the wives tales?

Whats the babies heartrate? If its fast(like 165 or so) its supposedly a girl. If its slower(around 140) its supposedly a boy.

kelly

maura Guest

I don't know any old wives tales - but now that you mentioned it - let us know when you deliver and if any were true!

jojo2324 Guest

My baby's heartbeat is always 147! Or 149...what does that mean? Smack in the middle :)

m2tandk Guest

I would say more boy than girl, but I guess you will just have to wait and see!!! :7

suzska Guest

Now I can't remember, but I think my son's HB was around that all the time. Okay, I looked back, and it was in the 140's to 150's most of the time. Once it hit 162. And I'm very short waisted, so I didn't carry high or low, I just carried! LOL!

Anyway, here are some sites:

http://www.babyman.net/
    http://www.amazingpregnancy.com/oldw...es/index.phtml
    http://www.childbirth.org/articles/boyorgirl.html
    http://www.bobandtom.com/frames/draino_test.htm
    http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/5552/gender.html

FWIW, Babyman was correct for me.

My mother was convinced I was having a girl, because her mom had her when her mom was 32, and my mom had me when she was 32, and I was 32 when I was pg/due.

--Sue B.
    SAHM to Evan Jeffrey 03-11-01

jojo2324 Guest

Well, took most of the test (minus the Drano) and all signs point to girl! I guess I'll just have to wait and see...But three months more! It seems so far away...

KathyO Guest

Drano: "Green if it's a boy and brown if it's a girl". I didn't do it, but I remember the commercial jingle to that effect.

Craving sweets, a girl; craving salt, a boy.

Looking blooming and radiant, a boy. Looking tired and a little haggard, a girl. (Apparently girls "steal" their mothers' looks. Or something.)

If the encounter that resulted in conception was just before your most fertile point, a girl. If after, a boy. (Apparently X-chromosome sperm swim slower and last longer than Y-chromosome ones, and so they're still hanging around if the egg arrives on the scene after they do.)

I think that the ring swinging straight is a boy, and swinging in circles is a girl. I think.

Have fun!

All I know is: don't trust the Chinese gender chart. According to that, I was supposed to have a girl. (And I have to admit, since I did want a girl, I kind of figured out when I would have to get pregnant in order to make it work.) Apparently, God doesn't put much stock into the CGC because according to the ultrasound, it's a boy in there.

I have never heard of the Drano thing. Weeeeeeeird.

Also, every one of those web sites say I am having a girl. Maybe I shouldn't have bought everything in blue...
    Candy

Matthew 5/02
    Ethan 10/07
    Praying for Pink in 2013/2014

KathyO Guest

This isn't QUITE an old wives' tale, but I have to tell it anyway.

My good friend and her husband were told twice by the ultrasound technician that they were having a girl. On the Big Day, she gave birth to (you guessed it) a lovely baby BOY!!

Her father's comment was the best. "It's the stealth penis," he said, "It doesn't show up on radar."

KathyO

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast