Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Coupons

cara1 Guest

Default Coupons

ToysRUS really has great coupons!! Is it true that they can be used at BRU? I've been reading posts about the 15% car seat coupon at TRU that folks have been using at BRU. I went to pick up the flyer at TRU, and can't believe nobody ever told me about all of their coupons before! I could've used the stroller, travel yard, and other coupons, but never knew about these. BRU never has much in the way of coupons.

Shirale Guest

Default RE: Coupons

BRU does have cupons but you have to sign up for their mailing list in the store! They also have off for diapers, stroller, car seat etc!

ct Guest

I'm pretty sure you can use any of the 'R Us coupons (Toys, Babies, or Kids) at any of the other stores as long as the coupon doesn't specifically state otherwise. I've been doing so for quite a while and have never had a problem doing so. Also, Toys R Us is having their baby sale right now - they don't normally have so many good coupons.

ct

mama2be Guest

Great advice!!!! I never would have guessed, that saves me on the marathon car seat I have on hold...if I get 15% off thats over $30 :) :):)

all4sanity Guest

I don't think they are interchangeable. At least not here in New York. I went to TRU yesterday in Queens located not too far from the BRU and noticed they carried different merchandise. Lots of Graco and Century stuff. Great for carseats, pack and plays, etc... No Peg Perego strollers at TRU. :(

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I wonder if there are several different sets of coupons floating around right now. I got some in the mail that said good at TRU only (including the 15% off of a car seat) and just yesterday got a bunch of BRU coupons that said good at BRU only (car seat coupon was only good for $8 off). I haven't gotten any coupons that say good at any R Us store (but our gift cards said that).

We already have our infant seat and are waiting before buying a convertible, so I didn't try to use the 15% coupon at BRU, but it sounds like it worked for some people!

Lori
    due 10/12 w/ #1
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

ct Guest

I guess I must be lucky with my BRU then - whenever I ask the register person, they say 'no problem'. I did notice that the TRU ones I picked up do specifically state 'good at TRU only' and the BRU ones I got in the mail say 'good at BRU only', but it definitely wouldn't hurt to ask.

ct

brubeck Guest

The real answer is it is potluck. Most of the time at BRU they are willing to scan the coupon for you, and if the computer takes it, great, but if not and it is not a BRU coupon then too bad. I have had it work both ways for me at the same BRU store.

The one coupon BRU will NEVER honor is the one that gives you something free with a $75 purchase at TRU. Forget that deal at BRU. Also, the BRU 15% off Pampers and Huggies coupons that you find in the baby magazines are only accepted at TRU about half the time.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My BRU and TRU have always refused to honor each others coupons. It must depend on the store (and how lax they are at enforcing corporate guidelines!).
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

bnme is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I just got a whole flyer with coupons from BRU. I alsop saw some at store. I think they are good through 10/6/02. I don't remember exactly, but I think $30 of car seats, $10 off swings etc.
    Donna

Mom to JT 1/03 and TJ 8/04

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast