Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: Could my baby be teething?

On the complete opposite end of this spectrum Sarah is just now getting her FIRST TOOTH at 14 months. I am SOOO relieved because at 15 months, if she still didn't have any teeth, the ped wanted to do Xrays and bloodwork. Now that's all unnecessary. She's just a very late bloomer when it comes to teeth!!

Of course she picked a time when we were away from home and driving cross country and staying in hotels (up crying at 3 am). Poor thing!!! I can definitely feel the tooth, but it's not out yet.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

nigele is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Wow - I'm glad they came in on time! I'm sure you were worried.

It is really sad to see them in misery. I feel bad for DS because he can't even hold teething toys yet which might relieve some of his discomfort!

Rachels is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I do not enjoy the whole teething saga. Abigail is 5 months old and biting everything in sight. She has also just started on solids (having gotten to a point where she was kicking and trying to rip my fork out of my hands anytime she saw me eating), so everything is also a big intestinal experiment. Last night she was awake and crying quite a bit, which is not like her. So now we have a mystery on our hands. Was it teething or peaches which bothered her?

-Rachel
    Mommy to Abigail Rose
    5/18/02
    Rachel

Mama to Abby (5) and Ethan (2)

When you know better, you do better.
    -Maya Angelou

mamahill Guest

You don't know how glad I am to hear that. It seems like everyone asks me "Is she teething yet? *MY* son/daughter got her teeth at 4/2/born months..." Ok, nobody has claimed their child was born with teeth yet, but I wouldn't be surprised (I've *heard* it can happen...). Then they look at DD like she is a fish or something, because that could be the only explanation for why she doesn't have teeth. I figure it's just putting off one more thing to worry about (brushing, cavities, braces, etc.)!

And still nothing... but she does have bumps on her gums. I think that fussiness was a growth spurt because now she's much better and taking one 60-90 minute nap and another up to 2.5 hours! She still puts everything in her mouth, but I guess that's just what babies do.

Glad Sarah's is/are coming up - poor baby. Hope you had a nice trip otherwise. Take care - everytime I watch the news and read about the sniper I think of you and the other moms in the area.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3