Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Catching up

jojo2324 Guest

Default Catching up

Well, it's been a humdinger of a week here. I've gone into serious lurk-mode, and have had little or no time to post.

First of all, he's made an honest woman of me! :D Yes, Shawn and I were married this past Sunday. It was a beautiful day, something I hadn't counted on, considering the weather patterns we've been handed of late. But the sun came through for us and we had an absolutely perfect day. It was a very small ceremony, fewer than 30 guests. We were married on the shores of Gardiner's Bay just a few minutes from home. (Luckily, I had not heard about the Great White that had been caught off its shores yet! How scary!) Gannon was pretty well-behaved, and of course managed to sneeze (LOUDLY) at the most appropriate moments of the service. :) A friend took Gannon for the night Sunday and Shawn and I spent the night at an inn. Lovely!

Secondly...We're expecting! Yup, we've got a bun in the oven. Since I was not really paying attention to my cycles, I just figured it was a slightly askew PP period. Guess not. Our first OB appointment was today (yep, Gannon's first birthday, what a coinkie-dink, huh? :P), and they guesstimate that I am about 10 weeks along, with an EDD of 1/27. New baby and Gannon will be just shy of 19 months apart. So far I am feeling completely exhausted (but then you think a toddler and the busy summer months might have something to do with that?), but not too sick. A little queasy at night, but definitely much more manageable than with Gannon.

So today is Gannon's first, and I must admit to getting a bit weepy this morning. My little boy is so big! Hard to believe that it's a year already. Thank you everyone for your birthday wishes. We are going to have a party in a couple of weeks, once things have calmed down a little bit. Today he is playing with his Neurosmith Learning Cube and FP Little People Zoo. We are planning to hit the beach in a little while, despite the fact that Gannon doesn't seem to like the water. :( Unfortunately, I also have to clean two houses today, so that kinda puts a damper on things. BUT, on the bright side, Gannon's wedding gift to us seems to be SLEEEEEEEEEEP!!! He has slept through the night three nights running, and I couldn't feel more refreshed. I find myself waking up at 6 am ready to go, me!! A girl you couldn't haul out of bed before 11 most days. :D

Okay, gots to go. I will try to be around more! Busy busy busy! :D

Default RE: Catching up

Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!! Terrific news on both fronts, I'm so excited for you!
    Emily
    mom of Charlie born 11/02

mharling Guest

Oh my gosh, that's a LOT of news!!! First things first, congrats on the wedding! Sounds like you had a gorgeous day all the way around. And how exciting that Gannon will have a little brother or sister! Congrats on that too! And Gannon sleeping through the night... hooray!!! You must feel like you're on cloud nine right now. Pretty amazing stuff! It's a good thing you can wake up at 6:00 am now ready to go since you have so much going on! ;)

*Edited for spelling

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
    http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=...21b3237413c427 - New 6/18

momathome is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Wow!!! What an incredible week for you! You must feel overwhelmed and thrilled all at the same time! I wish you the best of luck in what is sure to be an exciting year for you! Congratulations on your wedding and the new baby-to-be!
    -Lauren
    P.S. Happy Birthday, Gannon!

Wow. Lot's of big news. Congratulations. :)

It's been said before, but I'll say it again: It's amazing the lengths a girl will go to to keep from having to move to the toddler board! ;)

Candy
    Mommy to Matt
    5/22/02

P.S. Happy Birthday wishes to Gan-man!!!!
    Candy

Matthew 5/02
    Ethan 10/07
    Praying for Pink in 2013/2014

mamahill Guest

Married, pregnant, birthdays, sleeping... it's like Christmas! Congrats to the newest Mrs. on the board. May your sleep-filled nights continue, and here's to decades of wedded bliss (and the occasional need for make-up sex) ahead...

alkagift is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

OK, Double Wow. It sounds like you're having one fabulous week! Congratulations on both counts and we are looking forward to hearing more about your newest! Thank goodness for the low nausea, right?

Happy Birthday to Gannon!

Allison
    Mom to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

Congrats on everything! What a week. :)
    Mommy to Justin (13 years) & Ashlyn (8 years)

Karenn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I bet this is going to go down as one of the best weeks of your life! That's all just fantastic news! Congratulations!

nathansmom Guest

Congrats Joanne. I am very happy for you.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast